The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:
  • Raw - Rhea Ripley - Same thoughts as Bianca, I fear a smelly belt swap incoming.

I'm hoping for a renaming of the belts instead, seeing as the fella's belts aren't Smackdown / Raw champions, there's no reason that the women's should be either and would circumvent the 'belt swap' bollocks. 

25 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

• Raw - Rhea Ripley - Same thoughts as Bianca, I fear a smelly belt swap incoming

They could say that both will be on their respective brands but still have to defend their titles, building up challengers on both shows to “being the belts back” to the respective show. 
But we all know that they’re just going to swap them and everyone just moves on regardless

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They could say that both will be on their respective brands but still have to defend their titles, building up challengers on both shows to “being the belts back” to the respective show. 
But we all know that they’re just going to swap them and everyone just moves on regardless

Nick's idea is better so they'll just swap the belts. The raw and smackdown women title names are so stupid. 

15 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m not debating the quality of either idea, just suggesting a way to give some others some TV time and a reason to be on the show

Oh I know. I'm just saying his idea is the way they should go. But what you said is what they'll do. But knowing them, they'd make a women's version of the whc. Can't have anything unique anymore. 

• Paid Members

In the true spirit of shit booking and retirement stips in wrestling not sticking, I'm unretiring from talking about the booking.

The new title is lose/lose for Cody in my eyes. If he wins it, its shit as he's only won this one because he couldn't beat Roman for the REAL championship. If he's in it but doesn't win, then you've beaten Cody again, which is shit and making him a loser again.

The only way its not shit for Cody is if he decides not to be involved in the crowning because he wants to wait for his return match with Roman - which makes the new title look like shit, because the top guys in the company dont need it or dont want it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

I'm hoping for a renaming of the belts instead, seeing as the fella's belts aren't Smackdown / Raw champions, there's no reason that the women's should be either and would circumvent the 'belt swap' bollocks. 

I've always hated the belts being called "RAW" and "Smackdown". Aside from avoiding nonsense like this, it feels so second-rate. The blokes get to be the champion of the World or the Universe, the women get to be champion of a two-hour show on Friday night.

39 minutes ago, air_raid said:

In the true spirit of shit booking and retirement stips in wrestling not sticking, I'm unretiring from talking about the booking.

The new title is lose/lose for Cody in my eyes. If he wins it, its shit as he's only won this one because he couldn't beat Roman for the REAL championship. If he's in it but doesn't win, then you've beaten Cody again, which is shit and making him a loser again.

The only way its not shit for Cody is if he decides not to be involved in the crowning because he wants to wait for his return match with Roman - which makes the new title look like shit, because the top guys in the company dont need it or dont want it.

Every word of this is true. Not an ounce of fat on this post.

• Paid Members

I don’t think it’s ever going to pass. Until the end of time, I’m going to consume WWE through this weird Sliding Doors lens, unable to shake how everything would be so much better if Cody had won at Wrestlemania. Brock Lesnar vs. This on Saturday? I’d be cancelling all my plans.

71CA4EE5-B8AD-4E38-9C46-CAA88957ADDC.thumb.jpeg.4e4850bd6e9349e1322a1ef83d345f68.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I don’t think it’s ever going to pass. Until the end of time, I’m going to consume WWE through this weird Sliding Doors lens, unable to shake how everything would be so much better if Cody had won at Wrestlemania. Brock Lesnar vs. This on Saturday? I’d be cancelling all my plans.

71CA4EE5-B8AD-4E38-9C46-CAA88957ADDC.thumb.jpeg.4e4850bd6e9349e1322a1ef83d345f68.jpeg

Crucially, they’d have been able to explain the feud. As Brock had been stewing in the background, unable to get another title shot whilst Roman was champion, but once the torch was passed the Beast snapped, riven by an all consuming desire to be Champion.

Simple. Elegant. Wrestling.

Instead, he’s doing it because… don’t know, but isn’t he wearing a funny jacket?

That fan art (I assume?) is tremendous.

I fear that whoever fantasy-booked earlier about Cody doing the standard loss route until winning the MITB will be right. It won't matter about momentum or natural/organic fan favourites or hard work and over-achievement; at the end of the day, here's five other guys that haven't done that who still get a shot at a shot. What's the point in trying?

I feel some of the criticism is harsh as they’re clearly in a holding pattern wanting to get the draft done and then sort of reboot after Backlash.

The show isn’t terrible, it’s just not quite pre-Mania levels and I imagine there will be some better stories started once this weekend is out the way.

The Bloodline story is just a mess now though. They’ve totally devalued The Usos for me when Jey could have easily been built as a challenger and had the quality to get to a level where it’s believable he could dethrone Roman. Guy looks like a loser now.