The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m sure they’ve interacted a million times in the last, but now Cody has reached his final form I’ve got a huge desire to see him and Cena together onscreen. Imagine a promo between them! Like two A.I.s trying to convince the other that they’re a real person.

Yeah, but you know as well as I do it’d be incredible watching them both getting all red and shouty and passionate;

”You go finish your story!”

”I will finish the story”

”FINISH THE STORY”

”I’LL FINISH THE STORY!”

And then Cena hands Cody the mic in a handing over of the baton, from one oddly charismatic alien to another.

All thoughts on Raw will have to wait a while whilst I process this.

*edit* it’s a fake apparently, that‘a a shame. Though apparently he does have a tache these days.

Anywho, fun Raw.

John Cena absolutely demoralised and degraded Austin Theory. Sometimes I think this company enjoys building Theory up just to have him swatted back down. He’s a dickhead though, so all good.

I love Cena being celebrated in his dotage, no one deserves it more than him. He waded through the shit in that company for years. I have always been and will always be Team Cena. Though given he’s relatively thin and old looking now, his outfits look absurd.

It’s incredible to me how they’ve put all their eggs in the Cody basket. He’s clearly THE guy for them now.

Jey… go fuck yourself, man.

Also, just saw this and now I feel ancient…

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

2 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

WWE nicking AEW's idea for a Final Burial in the Cena/Theory deal was very funny

Am I the only one that thinks Sami is an idiot babyface

His entire character and reason for being popular is that he is a vulnerable loveable idiot. He didn’t get over being some sort of high IQ strategist - he’s as thick as us.

Does anyone else think they might have missed a trick with Jey Uso here?

I think I would rather have seen him conflicted for a few weeks saying how much he has come to love and respect Sami over the past few months but he has to fight by Jimmys side because he's his brother, rather than bang I now hate you again etc.

Edited by The King of Old School

4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Does anyone else think they might have missed a trick with Jey Uso here?

I think I would rather have seen him conflicted for a few weeks saying how much he has come to love and respect Sami over the past few months but he has to fight by Jimmys side because he's his brother, rather than bang I now hate you again etc.

I don't think so, I think they need the Uso's to be full blown bastards going into Mania to get that moment of catharsis when Sami and KO beat them. I think if anything, they showed restraint in not doing it at Chamber and letting other things breathe.

5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don't think so, I think they need the Uso's to be full blown bastards going into Mania to get that moment of catharsis when Sami and KO beat them. I think if anything, they showed restraint in not doing it at Chamber and letting other things breathe.

I agree to an extent but I can’t accept Jey just suddenly being okay with Roman again but that has SmackDown to play out. Hoping however he is with Roman that there is at least some interaction where he tells Jimmy he did it for him not Roman or something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I suppose they could still add a level of nuance, and Jey could justify his turn by saying he changed his mind when he saw his brother looking crestfallen in the ring. 

I do wonder if there's any chance at all we'll get two nights of Cody, with the match being Cody, Zayn and Owens vs. The Usos and Solo Sikoa; putting Cody in even more of an underdog situation than what he faced before. 

12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I suppose they could still add a level of nuance, and Jey could justify his turn by saying he changed his mind when he saw his brother looking crestfallen in the ring. 

I do wonder if there's any chance at all we'll get two nights of Cody, with the match being Cody, Zayn and Owens vs. The Usos and Solo Sikoa; putting Cody in even more of an underdog situation than what he faced before. 

I really hope not.

Owens and Zayn finally ending The Uso's reign looks a great Mania night 1 main event for me.

I always thought Riddle would come back to face Solo at Mania seeing as it was him who "put him on the shelf" but the more weeks that go by i would say they are saving his return for after Mania.

24 minutes ago, RedRooster said:
38 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Not convinced they need to. Roman was going to blame Jimmy. Jey is saving his brother taking the fall because his brother comes first, it’s not really about Sami or Jey wanting to take out Sami. He’s playing Romans game until he can convince Jimmy and Solo to come out of The Bloodline with him I imagine. At least I hope so as Jey suddenly just being all Bloodline loyal again doesn’t make much sense as others are getting at.

15 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I always thought Riddle would come back to face Solo at Mania seeing as it was him who "put him on the shelf" but the more weeks that go by i would say they are saving his return for after Mania.

Not sure how true as it’s all rumours like everything but I did read Riddle was in a pretty bad way and needed a LOT of help so I hope he gets it if true.

Nothing was ever going to top the 'Rumble but the absolute elation and simultaneous shocked roar when Jey Uso kicked Sami's head off was one of the best one-two punch reactions ever. I probably had more faith than a lot of other people that they'd still make this work, but honestly who thought it could produce segments this hot even after it had been 'demoted' to allow for Cody Vs. Reigns to go ahead. This promotion's top of card is just absolute lightening in a bottle right now. They have such a golden opportunity to have some of that trickle down throughout the rest of the midcard through and beyond WrestleMania and - whisper it quietly - as usual I'm not immediately defaulting to the idea that they're just going to mess it up sooner or later.