The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are we doing answering questions with questions?

Maybe? 

The point was that yes, Cena gave Roman the corporate talking-to, but I don't think that angle directly relates to Roman's later run of form as the Tribal Chief. Any subsequent fire under Roman by being publicly belittled by a proxy for his bosses is irrelevant without a followup of positive booking decisions supported by his own performances. The difference there as well was the massive upside Roman had in and of himself, which in my opinion Theory does not.

• Paid Members

As someone who has only recently started watching Raw again, Austin Theory is definitely one of the weaker points of it. Part of that is legit his pube beard too.

Tell you who's great these days? Bobby Lashley.

I must admit, I'm looking forward to Rey vs. Dominic as much as I am any match on the Wrestlemania card. It doesn't have to be anything more than a demolition of Dom to work, so if they're planning to do more than that, the match itself delivers. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this. 

The sudden disappearance of the brand split has been a bit odd. They bothered to explain why MMM were now on Raw, but now you have LA Knight and others showing up with little explanation (unless I missed it). That said, the fantastic Bloodline story has masked the fact both rosters are pretty thin. I'm intrigued to see what Triple H does - and who he calls up - post-Wrestlemania. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm intrigued to see what Triple H does - and who he calls up - post-Wrestlemania

It's not like NXT is full of people ready to be called up. Maybe the chequebook comes out and we see a good old fashioned talent raid on AEW. 

• Paid Members

given that Rey is going into the Hall of Fame, I'm expecting some significant twists and turns before we get to the match - WWE used to be reluctant to induct people into the Hall of Fame while they were still actively wrestling there, so I wonder if they'll lean into that and have Rey put his career on the line. I can definitely see it being Mask vs. Hair, perhaps with the added extra of Dominik "inheriting" Rey's mask if he wins - Dom's character as it is at the moment is pretty much perfectly placed for a humiliated tantrum getting his head shaved, and then the usual post-hair match run of covering up and denying it to everybody. 

The other thing is that I don't think they've ever done a real angle at the Hall of Fame ceremony itself before, and maybe this is the year - Rey keeps ducking the match, until Dominik and Rhea disrupt his induction. 

20 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It's not like NXT is full of people ready to be called up. Maybe the chequebook comes out and we see a good old fashioned talent raid on AEW. 

There are probably enough to bolster Raw and Smackdown somewhat - at least on the men's side. Bron Breakker, Pretty Deadly, The Creed Brothers, Carmello Hayes, Ilja Dragunov and Cameron Grimes would make nice additions to either brand; and they're unlikely to call up that many wrestlers at once. On the women's side, they're definitely lacking; but perhaps there are wrestlers who could step it up and improve if they're working with some of the better wrestlers on the main show. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

They bothered to explain why MMM were now on Raw, but now you have LA Knight and others showing up with little explanation (unless I missed it).

Cody responded to an LA Knight tweet asking him to turn up for a match so it was sort of explained. It’s never really been explained in terms of someone like Solo Sikoa outside he hangs about with The Bloodline though.

That Asuka/Bianca segment was dreadful - proper nonsense and Bianca looked like a moron. Zero interest in what should be a good match there unfortunately.

Rey and Dom continues to be brilliant and I can’t wait until it boils over.

The piped in cheer for KO walking out was so obvious that I honestly struggled with the main event laughing at how bad it was. It was good to see jeans in a street fight again but.

Stranger Things isn’t really Hollywood is it? Surely Hollywood is more about the film industry. None the less, I actually thought Rhea looked like such a killer here to the point it wasn’t even an obvious WrestleMania trailer. Excellent stuff.

A Hell in a Cell a 'Mania is the exact kind of last minute gimmick bollocks any eight hour slog needs. There's always the intrigue at a show like this that they'll break out some mad spot. 

Edge really has that Triple H 'quality' of endless titles you can't remember, endless naff t-shirts and logos, and seemingly executive control on when to break out a 15 minute lights dimmed promo or over the top gimmick match to make his dull angles shine. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK