The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I love a fatty wrestler but he's a bit short which doesn't help, so some of the intimidation is gone.  I like his wrestling though, and yeah that finisher is top notch, it reminds me of the Angle Slam from the top, he just launches into it straight away.

It's really good to see the Ultimate Warrior getting a win on Raw as well, that boy could go far.

The best storyline in wrestling is Sami/KO and the bloodline. Cody looks like a star and will probably be a great champ if Triple H knows how to book a babyface champ. 

Everything else bar Gunther having great matches and chasing down the record length of IC Title reign is not that good. 

AEW in-ring is much better. Their promo guys are much better. Their two problems are storylines are a bit funky sometimes. 

Half the fun of MJF was the schadenfreude he would suffer. Even when he got the upper hand in feuds, it would crash down on him. When he's the champ he's going to win every feud and that isn't fun. 

There you go, solved the question for y'all

Edited by Tsurutagun

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The problem is something typical of Triple H's booking of the women's division, though - there's no explanation why she's Piper Niven instead of Doudrop, what the difference is, or why we should care, it's just a "forget about that, remember this?"

I disagree on this. You don’t want to be reminding people that this is Doudrop. I know that sounds fairly silly considering everyone knows but that period should just be forgotten about. If you change someones name and gimmick to something absolutely terrible, just change them back quietly and forget about it. You don’t need explanations for Kerwin White to become Chavo again, for Shorty G to become Chad Gable again, for Stardust to become Cody Rhodes again or for Doudrop to become Piper Niven again. 

As for all the AEW v WWE chat, it’s all sounding very like debates I had when I was 16 trying to prove that TNA was better than WWE. As a grown ass man, I just watch what I prefer with the understanding that someone else might like something different from me. 

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members

Oh my fucking God. That Cody/Sami segment was a masterpiece. It was like SmackDown on Friday had been a bad dream. No more wise cracking or confidence. Sami was his wonderfully vulnerable self again. Come on Sami! We believe in you! And Cody remains the best thing to happen to this company in forever. He’s like a Create-a-WWE-Superstar with all his stats maxed out. I don’t know how Vince stays in the office when his dream guy has finally arrived!

What a sell job. What an amazing way to fold them together in storyline. And all whilst the crowd are going absolutely ballistic and biting on everything. I cannot wait for Saturday. They’ve genuinely convinced me something other than Jey costing Sami the match might happen. Come on Sami! Fucking do it!

For the longest time, I was waiting to point and laugh at Hunter when he inevitably completed the Vince McMahon bingo card by doing a Triple Threat match at WrestleMania between Sami, Cody and Roman. It would’ve been so fitting for Trips to write himself into a corner like Vince has done countless times before, panic, re-write, play catch up with what the fans actually want, and then end up with a messy three-way similar to 2014 and 2021. Except this is nothing like that at all. This isn’t a mess. This isn’t a case of trying to fix what’s falling apart. There are no Batistas or Edges, failing miserably. This is two phenomenal storylines and three red hot characters clicking at precisely the same time. After that promo? Fuck it. Triple threat at Mania. Book it!

Edited by Supremo

I thought the Sami Zayn/KO thing was very good, and I’m glad they haven’t gone for the basic ‘MATES AGAIN’ reunion and are trying to be more realistic and play the longer game.

I’m interested to know what motivation they’re going to reveal for Heyman desperately trying to make the Roman/Cody thing so personal; I wonder if it’ll be ‘when it gets too hot, you get out of the kitchen, you’ll just up and leave again.’

I thought Heyman’s promo was well delivered but the substance was rubbish and the stuff about Heyman shagging Brandi was just weird. They gave Cody very little time and I wonder whether that’s because they played it safe in case of any Canada backlash, but he was fine without doing much.

I think the Seth/Becky promo for Mania is the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

My fear of that Heyman/Rhodes promo from a few weeks back being done too early and peaking before Mania seems justified after last night. Woof. However at least he wasn’t booed which is what I had feared although that crowd reaction was very quiet compared to recent weeks. Obviously they were still in Canada so it doesn’t matter until they are back in the US really.

I also thought the opening segment was interesting and glad that Sami/KO aren’t instant friends again. Should be a nice little story build there.

50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My fear of that Heyman/Rhodes promo from a few weeks back being done too early and peaking before Mania seems justified after last night.

Nah, not at all. It's one segment. People were suddenly writing off Sami after his "way you look at him" segment with Heyman, and look at how that turned out. 

The fact Cody was cheered in Canada - as you point out - has to be viewed as a positive by WWE. 

That said, you're right in suggesting that this segment wasn't exactly a worthy successor to the recent Cody/Heyman confrontation, and that's putting it kindly. Paul Heyman threatening to sleep with Brandi Rhodes while Cody is busy being champion is one of the more ludicrous moments of the Triple H-era. 

That said, as I mentioned, it's one segment. There's still plenty of time to heat things up, and get them to where they need to be. 

Lesnar (presumably) opting to face Omos at Wrestlemania was a bit unexpected. The prospect of Lesnar/Wyatt, if I'm honest, had intrigued me. The idea of them feuding felt so bizarre that I really wanted to see it. I might be alone in that viewpoint. 

The lack of reaction to Lashley was a bit alarming - they've utterly messed up by having him turn like a Big Show. 

The Sami/KO segment was strong, but I'm finding it hard to feel invested in the prospect of the conclusion to this coming in the form of a tag title win. I'd maybe warm to it more if they had the guts to close night one of Wrestlemania with that match. It's no less than this storyline deserves. 

Edited by RedRooster

I thought the Sami/KO stuff was good but just find myself not that invested as that tag match was what I always hoped they wouldn’t do. Hopefully by the time we get to the inevitable big hug I am in on it. Corbin was a bit needless too but I understand they had to give Canada at least one Sami win to go home on.

Oddly looking forward to Austin Theory v John Cena.

Also thought the Cody reaction was a bit quiet against other weeks but by that point I’d forgotten they were still in Canada so that makes sense.

I’m not convinced Omos v Lesnar is entirely serious - I don’t even expect MVP to still be with Omos by WrestleMania. Lashley is badly needing him, he’s fallen massively and back to getting the original Lashley reception.

Mustafa Ali feels stuck on a loop. I don’t seem to know who is face or heel from week to week with him about.

And I enjoy silly stuff like the Seth/Becky promo. I know it’s terrible and I shouldn’t but I’m the type of guy who finds The Master of Disguise film funny so it’s not a surprise to me that this amused me.

All in, an okay show. Nothing too crap, nothing special.

6 minutes ago, FUM said:

I thought the Sami/KO stuff was good but just find myself not that invested as that tag match was what I always hoped they wouldn’t do. Hopefully by the time we get to the inevitable big hug I am in on it. Corbin was a bit needless too but I understand they had to give Canada at least one Sami win to go home on.

Oddly looking forward to Austin Theory v John Cena.

Also thought the Cody reaction was a bit quiet against other weeks but by that point I’d forgotten they were still in Canada so that makes sense.

I’m not convinced Omos v Lesnar is entirely serious - I don’t even expect MVP to still be with Omos by WrestleMania. Lashley is badly needing him, he’s fallen massively and back to getting the original Lashley reception.

Mustafa Ali feels stuck on a loop. I don’t seem to know who is face or heel from week to week with him about.

And I enjoy silly stuff like the Seth/Becky promo. I know it’s terrible and I shouldn’t but I’m the type of guy who finds The Master of Disguise film funny so it’s not a surprise to me that this amused me.

All in, an okay show. Nothing too crap, nothing special.

Austin Theory vs John Cena is an incredible booking decision, as I have zero idea what to expect. I'm really looking forward to it.