The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not sure how alone I am in holding this view on this forum - but Dominic Mysterio has rapidly become one of my favourite acts in all of wrestling. He's an absolute scene stealer. 

He's still crap in the ring but the character work that's been done on him has been magic. Honestly seemed impossible that they could salvage something from that guy, he's become great fun.

13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not sure how alone I am in holding this view on this forum - but Dominic Mysterio has rapidly become one of my favourite acts in all of wrestling. He's an absolute scene stealer. 

It’s so difficult in modern times to create a heel who people actually want to see get battered about as opposed to either change the channel or find cool that they end up cheering.

Dom has fantastically been able to keep me interested in him but not as a fan of his that I want to see him win ever. Great work from someone I would have told anyone would never make it in wrestling a while ago.

• Paid Members

Dom was one of my favourite things in the Rumble, just a really weaselly little shit. 

A mate who doesn't watch much wrestling texted me saying, "is Dominik Mysterio's gimmick just that he's shit and nobody likes him?". I explained the prison gimmick, and how even in kayfabe it's based on him basically spending a night in the cells, and he was completely on-board with it. Too many heels are either too cool for school, too polished, or too smug, it's been years since WWE have just had a real reprehensible "kid who mouths off while hiding behind the bigger boys" little prick. 

23 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Suprised by them going with Brock/Lashley at Elimination Chamber, seems like Wrestlemania was the perfect to place to end their beef.

I’m not a religious man, but I’ll be doing a few trips round the rosary for Brock/Gunther at Mania.

Been a huge critic on here about Cody not belonging in Roman’s story. He entered himself here. Not convinced one promo has made me switch my opinion of something so quickly.

To be honest, I didn’t even think of potential interactions Roman and Dusty would have had so it was a smart move to remind us of that. It fits in perfect now for the entire Bloodline to leave Roman in their wake INCLUDING Heyman.

Fair fucks to WWE and Hunter. Since he took over creative he has let more talent on the show mean something and seems to be focused on building a roster that people care about. Even the comic relief like MMM and Chelsea Green are entertaining and have their place.

He's shown that he's not afraid to let things play out or change direction if needed and while there have, of course, been low points and stupid decisions, WWE is for the first time in a long time feeling like the best in the world at this wrestling malarkey.

Long may it continue 

The 'Rumble angle and the promo last night were like when you accidentally done a really shit hot test during your burnout years in school and the teacher's suddenly alarmingly aware of just how good you can be. 

I don't expect them to maintain the standard, but this is how good they can be. Remember when one of the biggest concerns over how they'd align the Sami arc was done out of just an absolute assumption that they'd cock up whatever else they might bill above it?  

Someone pointed out that the main protagonists of this story have all had close connections to Dusty.

I don’t think I’d be able to handle the emotional heft of a story built around how Dusty believed in Roman, helped create him and wanted him to succeed - but would have never predicted that Roman would turn evil.

Cody having to put an end to Dusty’s biggest mistake, tear down a part of his legacy, is quite a powerful angle.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

The Cody/Heyman stuff was really good but if I was an ECW guy from 2000 and I heard that Dusty got paid I'd be furious. 

I honestly thought the story was going to end with a bounced cheque. 

• Paid Members

I think had everyone not declared it as THA GREATEST PROMO EVA before I watched it, I would be over egging it too. But MJF Has been involved in two better promos in the last year that didn't rely solely on the love of a Hall of Famer. So, now that is out the way, let's focus on this.

It was great until the ending when it just became every highly emotional WWE Promo ever. The Cheapshot ending. In terms of WWE, it is probably the best promo not featuring Roman Reigns in the last decade.  Cody has proved what we already knew, he is WWE it's in his bones and he is in the right place, at the right time. Going away, learning new ways of working, leaving behind the Stardust stench, I am pleased for him, definitely fits in and him winning at Mania will be their Wresltemania moment for the next few years. Heyman, is the master, he has done this for too long, and does it too well. He has you really believing in him and it's a shame more people don't study him for his mic work. They both did a great job. If you were on the fence before of who you want to win at Mania, you won't be now. However, the promo happening now, rather than next week means we know how Elimination Chamber is ending, no way Sami is winning which, long shot as it was, is now a given. Just under 2 months until Mania, how they going top this?