The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

"Recently"? Roman Reigns has been WWE champion for almost a year and Universal Champion since August 2020. Before that, the WWE champions were Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley going back to January 2022, and the Universal Championship was swapped around the same five people since 2017.

Probably still bitter about Kofi. I know I am.

7 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

Jay to turn on Sami at the end "It was a set up all along!!!" KO to come down and save Sami then Raw after challenge Usos for tag belts at Mania

You really came up with something nobody had thought of there, fair play.

2 hours ago, buba3d said:

I know this against the rules, however you need to see that

Reveal hidden contents

segment involving cody and heyman holy shit that was outstanding work

Spoiler

Oh my fucking god that was by far one of the most incredible/beautiful/emotional segment that wwe have had on live TV in years and years.

You could see the tears in both Cody and Paul's eyes at a couple of points and if that was them in "character" and acting then give them a fucking medal because I don't believe that wasn't real emotion

I mean… good grief. That was perfect.

I don’t have a huge amount to say other than it was moving and raw (no pun intended)… the first face-to-face between Cody and Roman is going to be absolutely electric. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

You see a lot of hyperbole on this board as relates wrestling but that segment deserves what it is already getting and what it is going to get. It wasn't work-shooty, it was just two people who are extremely good at what they're doing, elevating what should always be the biggest wrestling match of the year and making it seem even bigger.

Heyman really is the greatest of all time at this. There just can't be any doubt about it anymore. He always finds a way to be a little bit better and bring something else to the table. The WWE could never afford to lose him at any price.

Yeah that was tremendous. Heyman reminded me why he can be so brilliant on the mic and Cody hit a home run (he can veer either way for me but this was sensational)

Also dunno why, but sort of popped at Steve Corino being mentioned on a 2023 show ha

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members

You could tell the emotion from Heyman had caught him off guard, he stood trying to gather himself together while Cody spoke. The whole using Dusty for a storyline has been really well done and often in situations like this, feels shoehorned in to try and fake some emotion. You know for a fact that what Cody says when he speaks of Dusty is 100% truth, as its been his whole story since leaving WWE. 

Who would have though just over a year ago, that we would have two of the biggest babyfaces in wrestling, both in WWE and they are Sami Zayn and Cody Rhodes? Thats just crazy to even think about. 

On the other side of the coin, I cannot stand JBL, but it was hilarious listening to his promo at Corbin as it sounded like he was reading mean tweets about him. Fantastic. 

MMM being moved to Raw is an inspired move, with there being more time to flesh it out. Mace needs his flowers for how preposterous he looks each and every week and its absolutely brilliant. More MMM please. 

EDIT: I forgot about Edge taking a bollocking from Beth on the ramp for smacking her arse. Brilliant stuff. 

Edited by Nick James

Good cage match main event, and a nice surprise return that got a real pop from the crowd.   For a second there I though "Jeff Hardy??".

But yeah - a top drawer promo segment with Heyman really setting light to the torch paper on this feud.  Despite the storyline acknowledgement of the possibility of Rhodes/Zayn at WM, it's clear that Cody and Roman will be headlining the final night.

And that's the right decision.  The Zayn storyline has been great, as Sammy Zayn's work often is, but it doesn't need to end in him as Champion as that's never been the point of contention.  It needs to end with his friendship with Owens being restored and the Bloodline falling apart.  Be exciting to see how they fold that into the WM weekend.

• Paid Members

One of the things that frustrates me the most about WWE is when they don't even bother keeping their own stories or characters consistent. 

Edge saying that he formed Judgement Day "to elevate talent" is meta nonsense. It's far from the most egregious of worked shoots, but it's not the story as told on TV - Edge recruited them to be his back-up when he was a heel, and they kicked him out, so he came back for revenge. But he can't just say they used to be his lackeys, because he's a babyface now. 

Similarly, Beth Phoenix saying that Rhea wasn't there because "she speared the soul out of her" at the Royal Rumble. Yep, speared her so hard than she went on to win the Rumble match from the number one spot with no ill effects, but I'm sure it's bothering her a fortnight later. 

9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

One of the things that frustrates me the most about WWE is when they don't even bother keeping their own stories or characters consistent. 

Edge saying that he formed Judgement Day "to elevate talent" is meta nonsense. It's far from the most egregious of worked shoots, but it's not the story as told on TV - Edge recruited them to be his back-up when he was a heel, and they kicked him out, so he came back for revenge. But he can't just say they used to be his lackeys, because he's a babyface now. 

Similarly, Beth Phoenix saying that Rhea wasn't there because "she speared the soul out of her" at the Royal Rumble. Yep, speared her so hard than she went on to win the Rumble match from the number one spot with no ill effects, but I'm sure it's bothering her a fortnight later. 

Inconsistent logic aside, Edge and Beth simply have AWFUL vibes.

Biting down on the cyanide tablet mood whenever they appear.

• Paid Members

It’s the promise land of the brand split, isn’t it? Top stars in hot storylines across both brands. Between Sami and Cody, I couldn’t tell you the last time Raw and SmackDown had exclusive top babyfaces doing such good stuff. It’s got to be decades.

Path seems clear now. Sami loses at Elimination Chamber due to Jey’s interference. Sami and Kevin win the tag belts on Night 1. And then Night 2 sees the Bloodline ultimately abandon Roman, with Cody winning the title and crying his eyes out. I’m so fucking in. Remember this time last year when the only thing worth watching was Knoxville and Sami messing around on Instagram? Fair play to Hunter. I’ve been super critical of his (mostly average) run as booker but he’s kicked it into high gear when it counts.

Lita’s appearance is interesting. I wonder if they’ll go with something like Becky, Lita and Trish vs. Damage Control at WrestleMania. I have absolutely no doubt that Becky has spent months campaigning to not face Ronda, sending out panicked texts to everyone, trying to get anything else going.

Edited by Supremo