The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

3 hours ago, FUM said:

Ah apologies you’re right. But also people had gotten over that by the time it came down to Batista v Reigns.

I don’t think they had gotten over it, they just really didn’t want Batista to win. If Roman had won, I reckon they’d have still been chanting for Bryan relentlessly over the next few months and the Roman backlash would have just started a year early.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I can’t believe I’ve never considered it before, but with all the chat of splitting the World Title again, maybe Zayn takes one belt at Elimination Chamber, then Cody takes the other at Wrestlemania? If Sami isn’t getting the Wrestlemania moment, him winning one of the belts in his home town is the second best option.

He won't and this will be the real Montreal Screwjob, not that fake one Bret and HBK keep telling the world was a shoot.

• Paid Members

Why are more people not talking about this absolutely delicious Bronson Reed squash - 

Couple of points on this - they both did a good job of getting an initially quiet crowd more invested. I think Tozawa is quite an underrated talent for them - he's piss funny and a great worker. He also put every single one of his limbs on the line here for big Bronson. Some of those bumps on the outside are nasty, and that top rope splash is a proper wow move for someone his his immense fat. 

Loved this. Some decent matches across the board on this Raw I thought. 

Reed is obviously new to the Raw roster, but the absence of reaction for almost every Triple H signing who hadn't previously been on the main roster is quite alarming. I've enjoyed the Triple H era more than most, but pretty much all of the former NXT wrestlers are tanking badly. 

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Reed is obviously new to the Raw roster, but the absence of reaction for almost every Triple H signing who hadn't previously been on the main roster is quite alarming. I've enjoyed the Triple H era more than most, but pretty much all of the former NXT wrestlers are tanking badly. 

Thing is if you asked me who he's brought back/called up I'm not sure I could name all of them. Outside of Dakota and Io most of them have been incredibly inconsistent or shown they're not really worth the time. Apart from Top Dolla who will forever be in my memories.

Tanking? I'm not sure it's quite that bad but they're not thriving and I don't know if that's a booking thing or that actually the majority would've been better off without main roster runs.

I'm glad people have been given chances but it doesn't always work out and that'll need to be looked at soon. Maybe after the Rumble once they don't need that many people around.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:08 AM, Mr Kennedy said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing Road Dogg and The Bellas on Raw next week. Said no one ever. 

Road Dogg the performer I quite like. I won't be able to stop myself going "OH YOU DIDNT KNOW" when he makes his entrance on Raw XXX.

Now, Brian James, with his terrible Tweets and opinions, can get in the bin.

So tonight is the big 30th anniversary episode of Raw and I figured to segue from the thread, I’d look back at what happened on every milestone episode (numbered and every 5th year)

Numbered Episodes 

1st - 11/01/93 - Razor Ramon previews his upcoming title shot at the Rumble, Undertaker beats Damian Demento in the main event, Bobby Heenan tries to worm his way into the show

50th - 31/01/94 - Earthquake returns to the ring after a year out, Razor reclaims his stolen chain from IRS during the latter’s match with Marty Jannetty

100th - 27/02/95 - Lex Luger vs Tatanka is the featured match, Lawrence Taylor answers Bam Ban’s call out from the previous week

250th - 02/03/98 - Mike Tyson joins DX, Undertaker returns to officially set up the Mania match vs Kane

500th - 23/12/02 - Scott Steiner and Triple H have an arm wrestling match, Batista squashes Spike Dudley, JR and Jerry Lawler beat William Regal and Lance Storm with help from the Dudleyz 

750th - 08/10/07 - Randy Orton defends the WWE title in a handicap match teaming with Umaga vs Triple H, Jeff Hardy faces Mr Kennedy

1000th - 23/07/12 - First official DX union of the Triple H/HBK version with the Outlaws and X Pac version, H brawls with Brock Lesnar, Heath Slater’s weekly legend jobbing came to and end as Lita beats him in a No DQ match aided by the likes of Sid, Vader, Animal and the APA, John Cena v CM Punk for the WWE Title ends in a Big Show DQ, Punk turns heel by clotheslining The Rock, who had come to Cena’s aid

1500th - 22/02/22 - Logan Paul is announced as Miz’s Mania partner to face the Mysterios, Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens beat RK-Bro in the main event to earn a tag title shot

Anniversary Episodes 

1st Anniversary - 10/01/94 - Marty Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid win the Tag Titles from the Quebecers in a stunning upset

5th Anniversary - 12/01/98 - The Outlaws retain the Tag Titles in a 4 way over The Godwinns, The Headbangers and Recon and Sniper, Mark Henry turns heel on Ken Shamrock and joins the Nation

10th Anniversary - 13&14/01/03 -  the main episode, Chris Jericho wins a 4 way Over The Top challenge over Kane, RVD and Batista to pick his Rumble number, Victoria retains the Women’s Title over Trish Stratus and Jaqueline in a Hardcore match. The following night there was an awards show to celebrate 10 years of the show, The Rock gets booed for only appearing via satellite, Austin wins Superstar of the Decade but is still non grata after walking out the previous summer and the TLC match Kane wins by himself ludicrously wins Match of the Decade

15th Anniversary - 10/12/07 - celebrated a month early the show saw Jeff Hardy retain the IC title over Carlito in a ladder match, Evolution reunited to beat Rated R-KO and Umaga, Ted DiBiase ‘win’ a legends battle royal and Mr Kennedy beat Jannetty as part of his feud with HBK

20th Anniversary - 14/01/13 - John Cena beats Dolph Ziggler in a cage match, The Rock does one of his ‘concerts’ before having a pull apart brawl with Rumble opponent CM Punk

25th Anniversary - 22/01/18 - a split show to mark the quarter century which didn’t go well, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Miz won the IC title from Roman Reigns while Steve Austin got one over the McMahons one more time and Kane, Lesnar and Braun Strowman gave a preview of their triple threat Universal Title match at the Rumble. At Raw’s original home of the Manhattan Center, the crowd there were short changed by two dark matches as well as Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy and Gallows and Anderson vs The Revival but also got appearances from Undertaker, DX, Scott Hall, Finn Balor and Miz

Well if my son was going to choose one night to not sleep then I suppose it wasn't bad that it was this one.

Nothing was ever going to beat the Bloodline stuff. Nothing. Just when I think they can't keep doing it at such a high level they keep proving me wrong. Everything about it was just perfect.

And then we got Taker on a bike. I mean I would've preferred Limp Bizkit but I'll take it.

I'm too tired to remember anything else but I'm pretty sure it was the same old shit.

Bloodline though. Those fucking guys.

• Paid Members

The writing for Sami and Reigns is so strong, that prior to about 2002/3 I’d be assuming Zayn was winning the Rumble. But he won’t. Somehow they always get the beginning and middle right but bottle the end.