The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

On 1/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, Fatty Facesitter said:

The Becky/Team Bayley shenanigans were good fun. Io Sky is mesmerising to watch - every time she bumps her limbs fly all over the place, which makes for a fantastic visual. Interesting that they teased Bayley's teammates being dissatisfied with her - interested to see how that develops down the line. I'm guessing we're getting Becky/Bayley at the Rumble too, a welcome development if so.

A welcome development? We had that match a week ago. A very lengthy one at that. If there’s one thing Triple H has been good at then it’s keeping the repetitive matches to a minimum. You can’t wipe them completely of course as some feuds make sense and warrant them but Becky/Bayley already wouldn’t feel fresh.

Agree with all the Solo Sikoa love. Right down to the theme tune, that beat hitting screams “oh fuck” and they presented that brilliantly this week.

• Paid Members
On 1/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, Fatty Facesitter said:

EDIT - Cathy Kelley. Goodness gracious me. 

2017208103_Screenshot2023-01-03at13_22_01.thumb.png.00aa1bc1af27b9dc9e09746f79017342.png

Cathy's weekly Raw outfit photo shoot tweets are the current best thing about WWE, outside the Bloodline:

• Paid Members

I know I'm in the very small minority on here, but I am actually enjoying the Bray Wyatt / Uncle Howdy stuff. It's incredibly silly, but I am at least looking forward to how it plays out. Brays promos are still the same old ramble-y bollocks though. Alexa was the most interesting she has been in a long time on this Raw, she looked like a star and not just a 3rd person in someone else's storyline. 

Fuck me, that flip from Montez Ford over the corner post was insane. The man is money. 

Also, I must also admit, I'm enjoying Dominic Mysterio a heck of a lot more now he's playing up to being a bit of a wimp acting tough. He reminds me of Kip in Napoleon Dynamite when he starts trying to act cool. Dressing like a latino gang member was hilarious and playing up that he actually went to jail in a Prison Mike kind of way was the right way to go.

Fuck off with Solo going 15 mins with fucking Dolph Ziggler, though.

• Paid Members

What a revelation Dominik Mysterio has become. One of the best things in the whole company. He’s a hoot. Was half expecting him to say the worst thing about prison was the Dementors.

Also nice to add another one to the collection of wrestlers-as-GTA-loading-screens.

073EE648-CA0D-455D-AF58-3AC917243CD1.jpeg.ef8b759499eb002ff6b609a45e71cd52.jpeg

0897D571-950D-448F-9EFF-BF3674A4AC04.jpeg.55e53d7ca5187a28de3a8dc56a47a205.jpeg

A1526033-12A9-4B2E-BA36-A72BE5DE4FD6.jpeg.9705dc9dc28694a416e4db097358aaba.jpeg

D2B1ED21-052A-42DC-97DA-D3662572C774.thumb.jpeg.d62b0c0150e614148184d7fb059c264e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

Also, I must also admit, I'm enjoying Dominic Mysterio a heck of a lot more now he's playing up to being a bit of a wimp acting tough. He reminds me of Kip in Napoleon Dynamite when he starts trying to act cool. Dressing like a latino gang member was hilarious and playing up that he actually went to jail in a Prison Mike kind of way was the right way to go.

Dominik doing 'hard time' was the storyline we never knew we needed. 

• Paid Members

1781545104_Screenshot2023-01-10at12_17_51.thumb.png.fad319812e8b99c246735f97bdaa2619.png

Great bit of shithousery from KO during Baron Corbin's promo.

Solo Sikoa looked like a beast yet again. Giving him the Spike has been a revelation - the sort of move you can bust out whenever you like to get you out of the shit and win the match. Ziggler's a great hand to bump around for him as well. Lovely stuff. 

I'm with @Nick James on the Alexa business. It's not my jar of mustard, but I feel the need to keep watching to see what happens next and how it all unravels. This is exactly how Alexa should be presented - a key figure rather than a third wheel. Perhaps this an attempt to right some of the wrongs of their previous go. She's indicated in interviews that she enjoys the role, so that's perhaps another reason why there's a collective determination to have another stab at it. 

Speaking of second stabs, nice Hurt Business tease. A babyface Hurt Business could be quite interesting - Shelton/Cedric would make a good babyface team and would deliver lots of energetic performances. They've patched them back together before quite hastily, but with more long-term planning, who knows, it might just work. This might leave Omos on the scrapheap...oh well!

Tag turmoil had some great moments. That Montez dive is nutty. Otis busting out the caterpillar again was jolly good fun (one for out of context). It was interesting see Alpha Academy temporarily play babyfaces - I'd like to see them explore this in more depth. They're both piss funny. 

One general point - the acting and promos generally this evening felt a bit off to me. A few fluffed lines and wooden deliveries throughout. The actual wrestling was all perfectly watchable and entertaining. Bit of polish on the mic as we get closer to the Rumble and all will be forgiven. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Lost in all the madness of the Vince/takeover stuff but yesterday was the official 30th anniversary of Raw, WWE themselves aren’t marking the occasion until the week of the Rumble, the 23rd, and only put out a short tweet of stills from that 1st episode yesterday to acknowledge it

They're celebrating AFTER the anniversary? They usually celebrate them at least a year early.

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Lost in all the madness of the Vince/takeover stuff but yesterday was the official 30th anniversary of Raw, WWE themselves aren’t marking the occasion until the week of the Rumble, the 23rd, and only put out a short tweet of stills from that 1st episode yesterday to acknowledge it

Fleecing the marks at the Manhattan Centre again?