Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

It takes a long time to build a Roman/Cena type star. Even if you look at someone like The Rock, they don't get it right first time sometimes. And even then it's not always an intended push anyway.

While it's certainly a valid question to ponder, it's pretty much impossible to answer at the moment. I think the initial willingness to re-hire people and a more focused approach is a good starting point for it though.

What they need is consistency.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

This week it's the turn of Nikki Cross, and I've seen people on Twitter celebrating that "yay, crazy Nikki Cross is back!", as if that's a truer version of Nikki Cross, and not just as much (if not more) of a WWE-created gimmick for her as Nikki A.S.H. was, only now there's no justification or explanation as to why she's back to this gimmick other than Triple H prefers it to her other one. Good booking would be to write your way out of the bad booking of the last few years and turn it into something good, not just pretending it never happened, and going "Remember NXT?"

I do agree with you on this, but I'll wait and see if they pay that off on the next show with a promo etc (probably not, but it seems broadly fair to wait and see if we get an explanation before totally writing it off). They have also been running a weird angle with Cross in the background of various backstage segments with some stuff including her throwing her mask at Doudrop and them arguing haven't they? That might be something that comes into play. Obviously if that is irrelevant and she is just back to the "crazy" character for no reason, and with no logic then fair enough. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Nice to see everyone’s slowly getting a bit of perspective with this Papa H run.  It’s not great. It’s better. And half of what’s made it better is the most basic of improvements that everyone would make after inheriting the product from the strangest person to ever live.

You hope that Hunter’s just getting warmed up before he kicks into high gear leading into Wrestlemania season. I’m not even trying to be a dick when I say this, but bar the Sami and Roman thing, can anyone even pinpoint any particular highs so far? Memorable promos? Big angles? Clever stories? Match of the year contenders? I swear, even if those things are on these shows, they’re lost amongst what’s quickly became Hunter’s main trope.

D00E7EE5-598B-4329-9A00-BE5E9D32976F.jpeg.92d2febf2319f344da251bb5a1f4df07.jpeg

“Remember him?”

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m not even trying to be a dick when I say this, but bar the Sami and Roman thing, can anyone even pinpoint any particular highs so far? 

I only skim through the shows every now and again so haven't seen the vast majority of Trips WWE. But a hight point for me is the resurgence of Sheamus. He's been one of the more consistent and dependable guys for them over the past decade but never got the acclaim that people like Ziggler and Kofi get, but it seems the audience are really into him now. 

Other than that, I find a lot of it to be a case of the Emperor's new nose. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's odd when they have a DX Reunion and The Outlaws and HBK act like they're an old gang getting back together, when they only joined after HBK left WWF. They were never in DX at the same time. 

Posted
32 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

It's odd when they have a DX Reunion and The Outlaws and HBK act like they're an old gang getting back together, when they only joined after HBK left WWF. They were never in DX at the same time. 

The original DX interacted with The Outlaws once or twice on TV and Hunter (and Savio lol) teamed with them at IYH: No Way Out of Texas.

Though they didn't officially join until following Wrestlemania XIV it felt like to me that they were already unofficial members and were always set to join eventually. 

Posted

There was also Michaels on and off again relationship with 1998 and late 1999 DX where they mixed it up a fair bit. But really it's just like a boy/men's club where you go to reunions and acknowledge members before/after your time too

Posted

I’ve barely watched wrestling in years but have started catching some Smackdowns and watched Raw this week and I have a question. Why are they so invested in making Baron Corbin a thing? He’s utter dog shit and the only thing that’s improved about him since I last watched is he shaved his hair off.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve barely watched wrestling in years but have started catching some Smackdowns and watched Raw this week and I have a question. Why are they so invested in making Baron Corbin a thing? He’s utter dog shit and the only thing that’s improved about him since I last watched is he shaved his hair off.

“hUNt3rs NXT wz da b3stest!!!!1”

Posted

He strikes me as the kind of person Vince fawns over as well. There's no way you get that much TV time on Smackdown for years without being in his good books. Isn't Baron a legit success in American football and boxing? We see him as a perennial New Gen style character jobber but he was probably in the upper echelon of guys Vince would actually look in the eye and share more than a few words with.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Isn't Baron a legit success in American football and boxing?

Nope. His NFL career was very short and uneventful.

Edited by LaGoosh
Posted
40 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

He strikes me as the kind of person Vince fawns over as well. There's no way you get that much TV time on Smackdown for years without being in his good books. Isn't Baron a legit success in American football and boxing? We see him as a perennial New Gen style character jobber but he was probably in the upper echelon of guys Vince would actually look in the eye and share more than a few words with.

He was a College American football player, I don't really know how you would measure success though in that sport, I suppose it depends on the level of the College. 

Posted
On 10/28/2022 at 1:58 PM, westlondonmist said:

He was a College American football player, I don't really know how you would measure success though in that sport, I suppose it depends on the level of the College. 

He played for a second division team in college football. The first division has around 120 teams. 

He ended up being signed for a Pro team (Indianapolis Colts) but never played a game. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...