The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

There's something very Kyle O'Reilly about him. His brand of funny doesn't quite work for me, and even when his segments are passable (like on this episode) there's still something very irritating about the guy. 

The Corbin/JBL pairing isn't working for me either. I don't mind JBL as a character, but there isn't much chemistry there. 

On the whole this was an enjoyable show, and I hope Roman's comments on sending Jey and Sami out into the world to work on being "a little more ucey" means we get some fun video skits on Friday, as the two of them try to work past their problems.

• Paid Members

There are glimpses of peak NXT comedy Gargano in that video. Leaning more into that is definitely the way forward. He’s been a complete nobody since coming back as the wrestler who has a wrestle. Start snapping pencils already!

I thought it was a mostly average, boring episode of Raw. Roman obviously stole the show because he and the lads are on a completely different level to everyone else, but take them away and - frankly - the idea that anyone is nominating Triple H as booker of the year is laughable. With each passing week his shows are becoming more and more like they were under Vince, segment after segment of empty calorie wrestling seemingly designed to just fill some TV time. EWR on auto-book.

I get it though. It’s no wonder Hunter is Twitter’s favourite when he’s going with such inspired directions as, “just make Nikki Cross crazy again.” The exact type of boring, lazy ideas people who think they’re smart campaign for. Push the cruisers, Paul. More swearing.

Pairing JBL with Corbin is some choice. Combining two generations of, “oh, just fuck off,” heat. Wow. I can’t imagine anyone watching these two knobs at the top of the second hour and not reaching for the remote control.

Damage CTRL losing the belts so quickly on a random episode of Raw with no build up, too. Has someone been popped for drugs or something? Why else would you turn the Women’s Tag Titles back into this crappy hot potato that nobody can possibly care about? Are you actively trying to stop Sasha from wanting to return?

Can I just confirm as well, has the Ezekiel thing been dropped? Surely not? That was the best thing in the company this Summer! Imagine having Elias and Kevin Owens collectively doing fuck all, when they could be continuing that angle?!

On the plus side, for two characters I have no interest in, Rollins and Theory had a great match. Probably the best of Theory’s career.

But yeah. Papa H sucks. Any flowers he’s getting belong to Sami, Jey and Roman. In that order.

Second week back watching Raw and I can’t say it’s grabbing me too much. I liked the Roman bit and Seth Rollins seems to have avoided becoming the new Dolph Ziggler which was the direction he was heading the last time I was watching. Cracking match he had but Austin Theory can fuck off with his generic gear and create a wrestler hair. Chad Gable channeling his inner Kurt Angle is great too, should have made him his son. Even with an hour cut off it was quite slog.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Compared to his WWE career which has been long and uneventful.

I just checked: he's been a version of this character on TV for over eight years. 

If you ever suffer from imposter syndrome reflect on this achievement of stealing a living. 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:04 PM, Supremo said:

Can I just confirm as well, has the Ezekiel thing been dropped? Surely not? That was the best thing in the company this Summer! Imagine having Elias and Kevin Owens collectively doing fuck all, when they could be continuing that angle?!

It’s not serious wrestles though is it? Just make him a proper serious wrestler again, that’ll solve everything like it has for everyone else. 

• Paid Members

Of all the ways to get the briefcase off Theory. What a burial. He cashes in for the United States Title, on a Champion who’s currently hosting open challenges, and then still loses. Brutal! He ended up more in the bin than the 24/7 Title!

Anyway…

8345ECEA-7F59-43CC-B4A9-94A472C60E8B.jpeg.57fc7ef359d6cf71218bec7be739bae1.jpeg

“Remember Mia Yim?”

You wonder how long this will go on for, with lesser and lesser know NXT 1.0 talent being brought back to lesser and lesser reactions. Kona Reeves waiting for the call.

Bring back the Mean Street Posse, you cowards!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Theory is done after that, he'd have been better actually cashing in on Roman and losing straight up. Back to NXT for you.

The New Day and Uso's had a good back and forth to open the show and the intrigue in this match is quite high, which is something when they have wrestled about 9000 times at this point.

They finally binned off (not literally, they missed) the 24/7 title. I thought they were going to smash it or something when they announced the Cross / Brook match, not just chuck it in a random 5 second backstage segment.

Can't remember too much else that went on, which is something considering I've just finished watching. Corbin and JBL can fuck off, just the absolute shits.

Cathy Kelley is a fantastic re-addition, just lovely.