The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

For a company that refuses to put Chyna into the Hall of Fame because of what happens when you Google her name, it takes some balls to call an upcoming show, “RAW XXX.”

Ahhh, fond memories of when the Paige, Charlotte & Becky trio had to be renamed from the fairly original "Submission Sorority" because it shared a name with a grot scene. So they went with the wonderfully original "Team PCB." What's the point of giving them a name at all if you're going to snore that out?

• Paid Members

Hard Times Dom is fantastic value for money and has really nailed down the weasel-y heel hiding behind his bigger mates. Rhea standing up to Solo was great too, however it did make you realise how short Solo is. The Judgement Day feel like they are clicking now after dropping the spooky bollocks, go figure. 

Bianca is just a star, isnt she? Just a mega-star presence about her, same with Montez, their kids are going to inherit some strong genes.

Another good video hyping up Cody's return and I'm not fully against him taking the title, if Sami isn't going that route. Anything other than Dwayne. 

Alpha Academy continue to be fun, especially Chad saying 'Are my cauliflower ears deceiving me?' or similar to that. Its a massive shame Jason Jordan got injured because American Alpha could have been one of the all time greats, but Otis is a good replacement all the same. 

Becky and Bayley had a good back and forth, although, calling back something from 8 years ago may be a bit of a stretch to eek out a feud. Interesting that Bayley threw out that she didn't need Kai and Sky, can see that playing a big role in them splitting soon.

I can't wait to see Sami stood next to Afa and Sika next week, dancing with Rikishi the works. Its going to be great. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I can't wait to see Sami stood next to Afa and Sika next week, dancing with Rikishi the works. Its going to be great. 

I am very worried the elders have put a hit out on him. Next Monday could be the night. RIP Sami.

I equally cannot wait and will cry my fucking eyes out.

Imagine they murder him on Monday and then he comes back to win the Rumble though. Goosebumps. Fuck Cody winning. I might call the RSPCA and report him for when he terrified his dog with fireworks, see if I can get him stuck answering questions, unable to attend the pay per view.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I had the fear when they said that the whole family will be there next week as I cannot be bothered with The Rock stinking up wrestling and another Wrestlemania in 2023. 

I hope it is limited to his actual family. 

• Paid Members

I don’t want to be one of those wrestling fans that gets angry at something they’ve invented in their head, but decades of watching WWE, and knowing how they normally operate?

My main concern would be them murdering Sami as a way of putting heat on Roman vs. Kevin Owens, whilst using it as a storyline reason for why Sami isn’t in the Rumble, in the hope of avoiding any backlash when Cody or The Rock win.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

• Paid Members

I think taking Sami out of the Rumble would be the worst possibly thing they could do, it'd be Daniel Bryan all over again. They'd be as well having him in early and eliminated by Johnny Knoxville for a rematch if he isn't having Roman. 

• Paid Members

They did both with Daniel Bryan, didn’t they? One where he wasn’t in it and people weren’t happy, and then one where he was in it, got eliminated, and people weren’t happy then, either. It’s a no-win scenario. Unless you let the guy people want to win actually win, of course. Novel concept, but I think AEW have proven there’s huge benefits to doing just that.

It’s going to be fascinating to watch. Is the love and support for Sami and the need for the ultimate catharsis from this Bloodline storyline just a smart fan thing? Or is it something casual fans are equally as invested in? They’re in a stadium for the Rumble too, so maybe that many people, thousands of which won’t even be watching weekly, will make a difference in regards to any potential backlash.

I hate to say it, but with each passing week it feels like Cody is winning, it’s going to blow up in their face, and we’re getting Sami inserted into a Triple Threat at Wrestlemania. It’d be the most fitting end to the Triple H run as head of creative. The student becomes the master. He reached his final form. Vince silently nodding in approval, like Mr. Miyagi at the end of Karate Kid.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I think taking Sami out of the Rumble would be the worst possibly thing they could do, it'd be Daniel Bryan all over again. They'd be as well having him in early and eliminated by Johnny Knoxville for a rematch if he isn't having Roman. 

I don't think it would necessarily be that bad - the problem with Daniel Bryan being eliminated from the Royal Rumble isn't just that he was taken out, but the means by which they did it. There was no focus on him after the fact - no prolonged shot of him angry at being taken out, no sense that his story had any forward momentum.

If they did something with Sami, it wouldn't be the end of the story - the worst case scenario for the Sami/Bloodline story is that the Wrestlemania match is Sami & KO vs. The Usos, which is what I'm still expecting. The big babyface moment for Sami in the build for that match will likely be at Elimination Chamber, though I'm sure there'll be some building blocks at the Rumble, and likely at this Bloodline angle on RAW XXX.

What do we think the odds are of an unannounced Rock appearance on RAW? 

• Paid Members

I can’t believe I’ve never considered it before, but with all the chat of splitting the World Title again, maybe Zayn takes one belt at Elimination Chamber, then Cody takes the other at Wrestlemania? If Sami isn’t getting the Wrestlemania moment, him winning one of the belts in his home town is the second best option.

• Paid Members

Cracking idea in all honestly. Cody could still win the Rumble, Roman gets Sami in the match as backup (Presume the Uso's will have a match), chuck Kevin Owens at Solo to keep him busy and have Sami get the pin over someone other than Roman. 

Everyone clamours for the Evolution turn, but you could do that on the Smackdown after. Have Sami on Solo's shoulders celebrating, Roman laughing and celebrating before the big turn. 

Give Cody the big win at Mania. 

• Paid Members

I will accept Sami vs. Jey Uso for Sami’s newly won belt at Wrestlemania. Jimmy Uso playing the role of Stephanie McMahon, having to choose between Kurt Angle and Triple H. Only unlike Stephanie, he’ll make the RIGHT decision! Silly handshake as the fireworks go off.

Surprised there was any love for the Becky/Bayley segment. I thought it was a decent advert for going back to verbatim scripts - just dreadful how awkward they were thinking of what to say next. I mean they eventually got in a flow but Bayley in particular had not a clue what she was meant to say and there was a huge awkward silence.

I think people misremember Daniel Bryan in the Rumble. Daniel Bryan was massively popular and the peoples choice for sure but people in that arena were angry Batista won, they had gotten over Bryan not being in and were fully backing Roman. The place would have exploded had they given Roman that win. Ironic given that the following year the anger was about Roman being forced down their throats.

I’ve said before but I think it’s a terrible idea that Roman loses any of the belts before WrestleMania. It’s a 2 and a half year title reign that should end with a bang at the big show. He shouldn’t be getting eliminated or taken out of the equation to lose a belt in a match before that.

Edited by FUM
Bad memory

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, FUM said:

Surprised there was any love for the Becky/Bayley segment. I thought it was a decent advert for going back to verbatim scripts - just dreadful how awkward they were thinking of what to say next. I mean they eventually got in a flow but Bayley in particular had not a clue what she was meant to say and there was a huge awkward silence.

I think people misremember Daniel Bryan in the Rumble. Daniel Bryan was massively popular and the peoples choice for sure but people in that arena were angry Batista won, they had gotten over Bryans elimination and were fully backing Roman. The place would have exploded had they given Roman that win. Ironic given that the following year the anger was about Roman being forced down their throats.

I’ve said before but I think it’s a terrible idea that Roman loses any of the belts before WrestleMania. It’s a 2 and a half year title reign that should end with a bang at the big show. He shouldn’t be getting eliminated or taken out of the equation to lose a belt in a match before that.

You might be misremembering people misremembering. The year Batista won was the year Bryan wasn't even in the match - he'd faced Wyatt earlier in the night. Rey Mysterio got booed to hell for coming out at #30 instead of him (even though Bryan had never been announced).

1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

You might be misremembering people misremembering. The year Batista won was the year Bryan wasn't even in the match - he'd faced Wyatt earlier in the night. Rey Mysterio got booed to hell for coming out at #30 instead of him (even though Bryan had never been announced).

Ah apologies you’re right. But also people had gotten over that by the time it came down to Batista v Reigns.