The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Sami finally has a reason to be pissed off, I'm really hoping the Uso's stay with Sami now, with Jay recalling how Roman treated him the same at the start. Fuck that was a good segment with weasel Heyman switching on a dime. 

The normalisation of Flair appearing on television makes it really difficult for me to think positive things about this show; particularly on the back of McMahon's return, with similarly grave allegations made against him. The path to redemption from something like this is, apparently, time - not atonement or admission of guilt. The fact that certain wrestling journalists and figures within the industry look to defend people like Flair, while actively casting doubt on people like Ashley Massaro, Rita Chatterton and Shelly Martinez is beyond depressing. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The normalisation of Flair appearing on television makes it really difficult for me to think positive things about this show; particularly on the back of McMahon's return, with similarly grave allegations made against him. The path to redemption from something like this is, apparently, time - not atonement or admission of guilt. The fact that certain wrestling journalists and figures within the industry look to defend people like Flair, while actively casting doubt on people like Ashley Massaro, Rita Chatterton and Shelly Martinez is beyond depressing. 

Time is the key, it always has been. Hogan opened the show, Flair was there almost crying on cam, Vince is back, Lawler, the names are endless and the pops from the crowd are still always there. AEW are the same, The Briscoes are not allowed near AEW TV, yet you have people like Tyson, Lethal, Allin all appearing on screen. Impact as well, Dreamer is back there, Raven and so forth. Wrestling is as scummy a business as it gets, your allegations only stick around and hinder your career if you aren't a draw, that seems to be the rule of thumb. 

Mind you, JD McDont-google-me is the exception. 

Edited by Nick James

I'm guessing the final test for Sami will be to help Roman retain over Owens, and then to win the Rumble and give Reigns the weekend off at Mania.

Whilst Sami should be winning the Rumble 100%, I think him and Cody will be the last two and Sami will fall at the final hurdle, and get the beat down on the following Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Had a watch of Raw this morning since I'm off and wanted some background noise while I play Tekken 7. If I only watched that first hour it would have probably convinced me to start watching WWE again.
The Bloodline stuff was fantastic and as far as nostalgia pops go for shows like this, having Undertaker on a bike was definitely up there. While I'm not a fan of Bray Wyatt, I do like LA Knight from his Eli Drake NWA days YEAHHH and he was enough to have me interested in the Bray/Taker stuff.
Then almost like it was timed, the second hour rolled around and it was the same old stuff. APA playing Poker, Million Dollar Man and IRS turning up, Ron Simmons does a Damn, DX come out to do their bit. It was like a Raw Legends bingo card.
Then mixed in with the predictable legends stuff was predictable Raw stuff. Lesnar shows up, Austin Theory vs Bobby Lashley which seems to be a match every time I see Raw results, The Miz doing a promo.

Worst of all was them hyping a women's cage match "for the first time in 19 years" and then just not delivering it. How could you hype up a women's cage match with your two biggest stars in a tribute to the two biggest stars in their time doing it on Raw and then just do an ice cold angle instead? It's stuff like that reminds me why I cooled off on the product to begin with.

It's a shame because the opening hour and the Bloodline court/tag match were superb, and the Undertaker/LA Knight/Wyatt stuff felt fresh for that sort of thing, and the 30 years of Raw video packages they showed were as usual top class, but then you have the usual shit for two whole more hours and I just can't.

• Paid Members

Jey being the one to defend Sami - after all they've been through together - hit me right in the feels. Beautiful. Just fucking beautiful. 

Split the Bloodline into two factions. Let Sami and his Uso dogs do their thing and become one of the best babyface trios ever. Have Roman and Solo terrorise them with Heyman in tow becoming even more dastardly heels then they already are. 

I haven't seen the rest of the show yet but I've seen what I need to. I'm so nervous and excited for where it goes next I don't know whether to urinate, defecate or ejaculate. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I haven't seen the rest of the show yet but I've seen what I need to. I'm so nervous and excited for where it goes next I don't know whether to urinate, defecate or ejaculate. 

joel gertner GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Not saying it's a booking crutch, but the word "return" now appears 75 times in Lesnar's Wikipedia bio.

It’s almost as weird to think that Lesnars time in and out has now lasted more than 10 years, and his absence since his first run only lasted 8 years.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

"We need music for our key TV show's anniversary video package, who's primary brand colour has always been red."

"What about Blue?"

"Perfect."

Screams of asking the office intern what music are the kids listening to now days and they reply with “well this is really popular on Tik Tok”. I’d assume if Tik Tok ever gets mentioned it gets confused with that failed Tout platform they bought into.