Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Our isolation period ended today- first thing I did was went out for a walk. My god it felt great, I've missed going outside so much. 

My daughter had a test the other day (she's absolutely fine, her taste was just a bit off)- the result came through this evening. She's positive. 

Another self isolation period effectively immediately. Fuck this shit. 

Tested negative. One is ala trifle pleased. This and the lethargy must be down to the DKA. That makes sense however the taste and smell thing is never happened before. It cant be psychosomatic as salt, citrus, malt and juice taste different whilst I can barely pick up the scent of fabreze. Couldn't sleep after 0400 so will have a quick whisky, even though the taste has lessened, have a disco nap then listen to the game.

By the way thank you NHS. Tested at 1400 yesterday then received confirmation text at 0800.

Need to recover my energy; which usually takes just over a week

• Paid Members

It's messing with numbers. They're clearly going against the Pfizer advice/instructions. It seems the plan is to vaccinate as many people as possible. Whoever is advising them of this speculative strategy needs to be publicly flogged. The daftness is astounding!

• Paid Members

After questions were raised about the risks, Dr Mary Ramsay, head of immunisations at PHE, told Sky News that mixing is not recommended and should only happen on "rare occasions".

"We do not recommend mixing the COVID-19 vaccines - if your first dose is the Pfizer vaccine you should not be given the AstraZeneca vaccine for your second dose and vice versa," she said.

"There may be extremely rare occasions where the same vaccine is not available, or where it is not known what vaccine the patient received.

"Every effort should be made to give them the same vaccine, but where this is not possible it is better to give a second dose of another vaccine than not at all."

Edited by quote the raven

A persistent dry cough and an intense two days of really bad heartburn and acid reflux (although not a listed symptom) means I've booked in for a test tomorrow morning.

I'm hoping it's not that unpleasant, but then I'm sure I've put worse things in the back of my gob *kenneth.jpg* 

My wife is upstairs feeling like shite, had a bit of a cough a few days ago but it was sporadic so no thoughts given to it. The cough got worse yesterday and so a test was ordered this morning. Think that's the third time I've had to isolate for her showing symptoms, hopefully it'll be three negatives- her immune system is pretty rubbish, so chances are its something else and not Covid.

On the plus, it means I got to tell my boss that I wouldn't be coming into school on Monday because of isolation. With everything that's happening with teaching unions at the moment and a stand off with DfE, it feels like I've dodged a bullet and got to send the easy email. Christ knows how that's going to look over the next few days...

• Paid Members

How much pushback are the unions giving?

My Mrs is saying that they are being told it will be business as normal on Tuesday. Its like her school administration are on some bury our heads in the sand procedural conveyer belt. There seems to be very little forward planning happening. 

My pregnant sister got a positive result back this morning after feeling some symptoms since Thursday. Because we had had contact with her on Monday, when she came to pick up my niece who had stayed over the night before, my mum had me take one of the instant nasal swap tests that she takes twice a week at her hospital job to be on safe side which thankfully was negative so just got to be extra precautional over the next 2-3 days now

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

My pregnant sister got a positive result back this morning after feeling some symptoms since Thursday. Because we had had contact with her on Monday, when she came to pick up my niece who had stayed over the night before, my mum had me take one of the instant nasal swap tests that she takes twice a week at her hospital job to be on safe side which thankfully was negative so just got to be extra precautional over the next 2-3 days now

Not to send the shitters up you as I don’t know if it’s the same test, but the person who we suspect I caught it off did one of those quick tests and it came back as a negative, but then did a proper one and it came back positive as apparently the quick ones aren’t 100% accurate. 

Covid is spreading, the new variant is why all the cases are shooting up. It is going to be a few weeks until the full impact of the christmas holidays begins to show in regards to cases. 

It would be short notice for parents yes but when every scientist is telling the government that schools will spread it like wildfire then what choice to schools have.