Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

What a shit storm. Primaries back, Y11&13 back but no online learning for Y7-10&12? 

They've lost the fucking plot.

Y11 aren't back until 11th now. 

Not surprised by the delay. Was no way they could organise testing otherwise. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Our daughter's school sent out a letter basically saying "sorry, we don't know what the announcement means either." 

I'd imagine like us, you're having to rely on that list of boroughs going around (which include both of ours) on social media in assuming that our kids won't be back for a couple of weeks yet. Of course, it wasn't made clear by the government at all. 

FB_IMG_1609372604508.thumb.jpg.db7fe4248e1d808e1818113d6db8a08f.jpg

• Paid Members

We’re waiting on the announcement from the schools. Daughter in mainstream school will certainly be off until the 18th at least because were in a borough on the list, but my son in a SEN school were not sure about. He really needs to go in as he’s been struggling just being at home again (and was sent home twice before the Christmas break due to being in contact with positive staff) and not knowing what’s going on. The whole situation is shit. More clear as mud decisions from the government 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

We’re waiting on the announcement from the schools. Daughter in mainstream school will certainly be off until the 18th at least because were in a borough on the list, but my son in a SEN school were not sure about. He really needs to go in as he’s been struggling just being at home again (and was sent home twice before the Christmas break due to being in contact with positive staff) and not knowing what’s going on. The whole situation is shit. More clear as mud decisions from the government 

Im sure i heard him say SEN schools will open as normal. Thats said my sons school have already messaged as the teachers kids will be at home they will be short staffed.

Probably not sending my boy in as the Mrs wont be allowed back to work anytime soon

Edited by quote the raven

22 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Whilst I’ve always followed the general trend of preferring to the PM as Boris, the government can fuck right off with the JVT gimmick. It’s as if they need to squeeze the nickname in as much as possible.

Unless you're suggesting it's going to take a certain number of HIGNFY appearances to make 'JVT' happen, this seems wildly inconsistent.

Spent a few hours in hosputal on the 27th having battled Keto Acidosis since the early hours of Boxing Day. MybNHS and professional qualifications enabled me to manage it and only lose about eighteen pounds.

Weight loss meant lethargy; had this before.

This morning my taste and smell is hreatly diminished. Had a nip of Talisker and barely tasted it, similarly chucked a fair amount of salt onto the remnants of my porridge then hardly noticed. Booked a test for early afternoon.

From folks experience, and please be blunt, can you 'only' have these symptoms? Even if I test negative would I need to isolate?

Thanks in advance. May take my, prescribed, 30mg of Citalopram now.

Had my test from the super freindly staff at the drive through test centre in Newton Mearns.

My cousin who I spent Christmas drove me the eight mile round trip. If if her snd hey boyfreind had let me borrow his bike the would have fucked me.

Hopefully my lethargy is soley down to having had DKA recently. If not then at least I have folk near me. Not everyone has that.

48 hours should do it before I get an answer.