Jump to content

Covid-19 Megathread


Loki
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, patiirc said:

Sorry to hear the news butchi.

This year continues to be shit, another one of my mates has gone missing. Shes got a lil boy too:( 

3 days and counting 😢

Updated, she's been found alive, not sure what condition she's in but she's alive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Has she got Covid?

No idea, just had an update from her sister about 10 mins ago to say she's been found. 

Mental health and Covid has been shite up here. Tier 3 or lockdown for a long time and people are starting to come undone under the pressure. 

Welfare check for someone else last night after they sent what was effectively a suicide note. 

The other halves boss is self isolating, and suicidal another mate has had a miscarriage. 

I'm exhausted, I cant keep keeping people together, provide support or in some cases alive in either the day jobs and personal lives too. It's just not working, and I'm emotionally burnt out from keeping a county wide cohort going on my own for 6 months. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
19 minutes ago, patiirc said:

No idea, just had an update from her sister about 10 mins ago to say she's been found. 

Mental health and Covid has been shite up here. Tier 3 or lockdown for a long time and people are starting to come undone under the pressure. 

Welfare check for someone else last night after they sent what was effectively a suicide note. 

The other halves boss is self isolating, and suicidal another mate has had a miscarriage. 

I'm exhausted, I cant keep keeping people together, provide support or in some cases alive in either the day jobs and personal lives too. It's just not working, and I'm emotionally burnt out from keeping a county wide cohort going on my own for 6 months.

You know this already, but you need to do your own oxygen mask before doing others' sometimes. Being the person that supports is an amazing thing to do, but it's exhausting sometimes. If you're at the level of providing support for your other half's boss, then you might need to restrict the circle a little bit more. It can't always be your job to support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

You know this already, but you need to do your own oxygen mask before doing others' sometimes. Being the person that supports is an amazing thing to do, but it's exhausting sometimes. If you're at the level of providing support for your other half's boss, then you might need to restrict the circle a little bit more. It can't always be your job to support.

Thanks! It was just an overwhelming day yesterday. Message read loud and xlear, I'm looking at changing one of my jobs because of burn out, ideally need a long rest but haven't had the holidays for a long break as most of them got used for surgery. 

Other halves boss has been in contact with Covid positive person and picked up some equipment from my partner before finding out. They were already chomping at the bit to get back to the office after lockdown 2.

It's not been a fun few months 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

Increase of more than 100 cases in Jersey over the weekend. We've gone from just over 100 three weeks ago to more than 500 today. On Saturday, when we were still officially at 440, I said I wouldn't be surprised if we were at 600 within a week and people said I was being pessimistic - at this rate, I think we'll be closer to 1000. It'll be at least another week before we start to see if preventative measures have had an effect, as the rate of recovery is still far lower than rate of infection.

I'm pretty sure we're now at a higher number of cases per 100,000 than anywhere in the UK, and one of the highest rates of infection in the world. It's terrifying how quickly this can spread through a small community. 

The Education department called an emergency meeting this morning, only to then tell us all that they had no intention of closing the schools. Complete waste of time that was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

As of Wednesday I am redeployed to work in a testing centre, I dont know if I will be on the desk or talking people through the tests as they do them. 

 

Worried, but relieved to be back from furlough. However, is this something high up the list for the vaccine? Seems to be to me, but I was unsure and wondered if anyone could guide my thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ReturnOfTheMack said:

As of Wednesday I am redeployed to work in a testing centre, I dont know if I will be on the desk or talking people through the tests as they do them. 

 

Worried, but relieved to be back from furlough. However, is this something high up the list for the vaccine? Seems to be to me, but I was unsure and wondered if anyone could guide my thoughts.

Well, they’ve issued the top five priorities but the initial vaccine supply barely covers the number one on the list. Best bet is ask the question when you’re back or consult your union. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

Well I've had to do the zoom funeral thing today, which I suppose given my history is probably for the best. 

It was my friends dad. He caught covid in hospital. He wasn't in the best of health and it was only going to get worse so catching covid didnt prolong his suffering at least. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Well I've had to do the zoom funeral thing today, which I suppose given my history is probably for the best. 

It was my friends dad. He caught covid in hospital. He wasn't in the best of health and it was only going to get worse so catching covid didnt prolong his suffering at least. 

 

Sorry to hear that. It’s definitely an odd experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
16 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

As of Wednesday I am redeployed to work in a testing centre, I dont know if I will be on the desk or talking people through the tests as they do them. 

 

Worried, but relieved to be back from furlough. However, is this something high up the list for the vaccine? Seems to be to me, but I was unsure and wondered if anyone could guide my thoughts.

NHS and social care workers get their vaccines first. I saw a list of what order they were in on the BBC website the other day. Looks like my lady and I will be part of the 4th group. 

Screenshot_20201202_175944.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...