Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Not to defend BORIS but they were meeting to review the tiers yesterday, to review secondary school opening and now to review the Oxford vaccine. There is plenty going on before they can announce everything.

The 50k number is massive but takes into account slow data over Xmas. The key issues are the number hospitalised which is out of control. I can't see beyond another complete lockdown but I know people, including those in power, are desperate to avoid that.

Edited by tiger_rick
  • Paid Members
Posted

I think a full lockdown combined with getting everyone vaccinated during it is a lot more agreeable than a lockdown with no end in sight, but it’s still a tough decision to make.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Sounds like a full lockdown is on the cards now that Johnson is doing the briefing. 

Well it is Wednesday, it’s usually PMQs so it’s the only full day he works. I’m going for a 7 on the Alas Count. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

If they announce another lockdown I may have to go back on furlough, and they'll really be stuck at work as there'll be nobody to lead any shifts. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Hmm. Is it cynical to think that’s not going to do much? I can very much imagine the majority of office staff at my work, for example, will ignore that and keep going in, having meetings in person and so on. With it comes the unspoken attitude that you’re in the wrong for not doing that. They treated November’s like nothing was different and I can only assume this one will be the same.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members
Posted

Having been in tier 4 for a bit now, its definitely not the same as the March/April lockdown. Without sounding like a nosey prick, there's a tram-stop outside our flat and there's way more people on trams than there were back then. I imagine because there's not nearly the same amount of people on furlough? I don't know the figures, but if you don't pay people to stay at home they probably won't. 

Posted

The main difference between lock down and tier 4 is the government are responsible for enforcing a lockdown but individuals are responsible for tier 4, thus absolving the government of any responsibility. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah as someone due to start a new teaching job next week, it's strange watching and waiting to find out just what they're planning students wise as nobody is able to really advise me as they're both on Christmas leave and completely unsure themselves.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...