Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Boris

You know the drill. Say the line, Houchen. 
STOP CALLING HIM BORIS!!!

EDIT - I think that got the point across. Apologies for the accidental triple post. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

does anyone have any clarity of a tier 3 person being able to go for a walk with another tier 3 friend and seeing them on xmas day? I could do with it but im really unclear if i can

I think you're fine to go for a walk / meet outdoors with 1 person.

Edit. Sorry I missed the t3 part. My response was for t4.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Just had an email from work telling me that all Civic Centre staff and outstation managers (I'm one) should be working from home.

So I've now got to tell my staff, including one over 70 and run travelling in by train, that I have to work from home but they have to work in the library. 

I'm now one of the arseholes.

12 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Officially locked in for the finale of 2020 after JB Jr just tested positive.  Proper fucking shite.

That shit John. Make sure you all keep well. I’m sure you’ve got stuff in hand but if you need anything dropping off give me a bell 

7 hours ago, King Coconut said:

Go on then, give us a quick rundown of the valid ones. 

3 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I did read that this new strain is more contagious and spreadable amongst youngsters, i hope it isnt that and he can make a speedy recovery 

Are these two linked?

8 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I would say just close them, but i understand how hard it would be

They were kept open so that the parents could go back to work. The economy and their commercial landlord mates are more important than some poor people dying. 

• Paid Members

Is there much information about schools and Covid testing in the New Year? The Mrs who teaches secondary school kids. Is saying that all secondary school kids will be tested. The testing will be carried out by teachers. Teachers will also be tested.  Again by teachers. 

How is this skating under the radar?  I've seen little to no coverage of it. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Is there much information about schools and Covid testing in the New Year? The Mrs who teaches secondary school kids. Is saying that all secondary school kids will be tested. The testing will be carried out by teachers. Teachers will also be tested.  Again by teachers. 

How is this skating under the radar?  I've seen little to no coverage of it. 

I assume most people are taking no notice of what the government says will happen in mid-January as it will almost certainly change. Given the rise in cases it feels inevitable they'll have to close schools for an indefinite period and in turn cancel exams again next summer, but both will be declared inconceivable until they actually happen.

• Paid Members

Was gonna say, that story was everywhere for a couple of days with the ridiculous suggestion that "volunteers" were going to administer the testing. Then they announced tier 4, cancelled Christmas, Wales and Northern Ireland are closing, we got locked out of France, food's running out... 

And that's just in a week.