Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

8 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Where are selling these crinkle cut beauties?

I got the Beef and Yorkshire Pudding ones in Heron. They were pleasent enough but a bit dissapointing

I also had some Adnams Ghost Ship crisps the other day, for the first couple of crisps it's so weird, like eating a can of Shandy Bass, then after the first few it's like eating a beermat that's had a pint spilled on it and been left out to dry.

38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Picked up some Golden Wonder sausage and tomato the other day, still a weird and wonderful flavour. They also do the best cheese and onion.

And Smokey Bacon. Always in B Quality Home Save Bargains &M so they’re cheap as well. 

• Paid Members
On 11/18/2022 at 6:14 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Picked up some Golden Wonder sausage and tomato the other day, still a weird and wonderful flavour. They also do the best cheese and onion.

Second that. I've had to go gluten free this year so have been hitting the Golden Wonder hard. There's a few flavours I need to avoid but Sausage & Tomato are good to go, sensational crisp. Home Bargain jacking the single bags upto 30p a pop is a bit cheeky though.

Sausage & Tomato are generally a brilliant and much underrated flavour, remember S&T Mammoth Bites back in the day? 5p or 10p bags, they were great.

Tropical Sun Cassava Chips Chilli & Lime Flavour 80g

Definitely not for everyone, but I fucking love these. I bought them from Sainsbury's once, unsure what to expect, I hated the first bite, disliked the second a little less, and then I was hooked. 

Sainsbury's Turkey Gravy Flavour, Taste the Difference 150g

These are...OK? They definitely do a good job of recreating the flavour of gravy, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about having them in a crisp. That said, I ate two bags' worth. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Moderators

Picked up a few bags of crisps from a discount store here recently that were interesting. Rare to find in the US but they had some Mackies which I find to have excellent potato flavour - these were Aberdeen Angus and Crispy Bacon, both quite tasty.

The more unusual bags for me were from some Spanish company called Rubio. They had a few different flavours but I went with Black Caviar and Wasabi. The Wasabi was decent, a mild horseradish really that paired well with the Mackies. But the Black Caviar was disgusting, imagine black olive mixed with seaweed...disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

People from or familiar with South Yorkshire'cuisine will probably appreciate this. At the pub we get crisps and nuts from a guy called Mr Scratchings. Well, a company called Mr Scratchings. He does some nice salt and vinegar peanuts, and we had some sweet chilli ones a few months back that were really nice, but a couple of weeks back he brought in some popped crisps flavoured with Henderson's Relish. They're really nice. Henderson's, or Hendo's as it's colloquially known, is a Worcestershire sauce style relish made in Sheffield, I used to always pick it up when I lived in Barnsley. It's vegan friendly as well, unlike Worcestershire sauce with its fish. 

Anyway, the crisps are really nice. 

received_1262890261238510.jpeg