Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

We all know that nothing will ever come close to Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard (WIV DA CRISP ANGLES NOW), but these from Tesco's come a tiny bit close and are absolutely banging.

£1 for a big bag as well. The only downside is they're crinkled which, McCoys aside, is usually a no for me.

spacer.png

They’re great. Tried a few imitators who haven’t come close but these are pretty banging, as the non-senile would say. 

17 minutes ago, stumobir said:

I assume he means Seabrooks, they’re passable but they’re no Brannigans. 

Fuck that's the one haha seafarers is the chippy near me. My apologies 

Mate your fucking on point there Brannigans roast ham and mustard is that the flavor?

36 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Proper simple but Aldi's ready salted classier crisps are really nice, I think they're only £1.10 for a six pack but are miles ahead of Walkers or others around that.

I prefer Morrisons own brand to Walkers as well, especially the Salt & Vinegar. They've stayed at 85p for 6 as well.

In all honesty Walkers are absolutely dreadful nowadays, but I did read recently that they are about to change their recipe due to sunflower oil shortage so let's see if that changes anything. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Mate your fucking on point there Brannigans roast ham and mustard is that the flavor?

You got two mixed up - ham & pickle, which were lovely, and roast beef and mustard, which were legendary.

• Paid Members
On 4/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, RedRooster said:

Koikeya Teriyaki Crisps might actually be the perfect crisp. I can’t recommend them enough. I’m going to happily eat my way to obesity thanks to these.

I just bought some on this recommendation (£2 at Sainsburys). Decent flavour, basic crisp. Not as satisfying as a Pipers or Kettle in terms of quality of crisp. Flavour, mild, probably better then a Walkers but for that premium price, I am 

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

• Paid Members
On 4/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, neil said:

The lesser spoken about Roast Lamb and Mint flavour was also great.

There was a chicken & stuffing flavour too. Very nice, though not life changing as the mustard ones were.

16 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I just bought some on this recommendation (£2 at Sainsburys). Decent flavour, basic crisp. Not as satisfying as a Pipers or Kettle in terms of quality of crisp. Flavour, mild, probably better then a Walkers but for that premium price, I am 

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

I'm shocked! 😮

• Moderators
11 hours ago, air_raid said:

There was a chicken & stuffing flavour too. Very nice, though not life changing as the mustard ones were.

Hmm, I don't remember that flavour. Were they around in the paper bag era? Thats where most of my memories are from.