Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The way you've worded this is very funny. Like a once in a lifetime opportunity :)

I'd like to try them, but can't see it working at all.

It was at a podcast recording that I'd gone to largely by mistake, and they do a bit at the start about trying different crisp flavours and trying to guess what they are. I wanted to make it clear that I didn't actively pursue them.

The flavour isn't the issue - they taste exactly like fizzy cola bottles. The problem is that fizzy cola bottle flavour has no business being the texture of crisps, and they go properly weird when bits get stuck between your teeth the way that crisps do.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Japan seems to have a bigger culture of pairing snacks with beer than here, so it kind of makes sense but still.. you don't want the snack tasting just like what you're drinking.

Those are Chinese crisps that Rooster's posted. I've not heard of Japan doing them, but, given how varied their KitKats are, wouldn't surprise me to see those on the market there either.

On 10/10/2022 at 1:44 PM, Fatty Facesitter said:

514748011_0_640x640.jpeg.e1f2601a105dd5bb9d9ad7da284740e3.jpeg

Spectacular. A colleague brought a pack of these into work today - they'll knock your socks off. One of the best I've ever tried. 

I gave these a try based on this recommendation...they are definitely packed with flavour, but I'm not sure I'd buy them again. The coconut taste was a bit overpowering, although I will say, on the whole, they do a decent job of recreating the taste of katsu sauce. 

Just had the Torres iberico ham crisps mentioned a page or two back. Bloody lovely although they very much remind me of the ham crisps that Aldi do over Christmas, I think it's the Simply Exquisite range (usually in a turqouisey green bag). That is to say that they're very nice but I'll be looking forward to getting twice as many delicious crisps for my hard earned currency come Yuletide!

• 2 weeks later...