Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

On 2/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, FelatioLips said:

I find that problem with most store-brand crisps whether they be tortilla, hand cut, chunky or whatever they’re advertised as to look like the proper thing. Always too hard and taste 90% of potato and 10% of flavouring.

I think a lot of own brand crisps are quite good, especially the finest' type ranges. I usually get these styles but had some Walkers the other day and thought they were rubbish. Thin, over flavoured, it was like strongly flavoured paper.

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of time to kill last week waiting for the bus so went a bit crisp mad. 

Firstly, these from M&S were really nice.

spacer.png

They also do a Jalapeño Nacho one (not pictured as they got eaten waiting for the bus) which are much, much nicer. 7/10 and a 9/10 for the Jalapeño. 

spacer.png

Japanese Steak flavour apparently. Nice, but the flavour is barely on there, so they're quite bland. 5/10

spacer.png

Elite shit. The local Spar sell them, probably my new favourite crisp. 10/10

I had a big bag of these from Farmfoods and they're surprisingly not very hot at all, there's barely any lime flavour either which could be a good thing. The actual crisp is ace, just let down with the lack of spice which leaves them a little bland.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

FtIRLbSXoCErmbr?format=jpg&name=large

Average 6 pack of crisps is £2.00, so about 33p a packet. So to break even, that’s 39 bags of crisps in 90 minutes. The numbers don’t lie, and eating 40 bags of crisps in 90 minutes spell disaster for you digestive system at this brunch.

• Paid Members
On 3/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, Merzbow said:

I had a big bag of these from Farmfoods and they're surprisingly not very hot at all, there's barely any lime flavour either which could be a good thing. The actual crisp is ace, just let down with the lack of spice which leaves them a little bland.

spacer.png

The Surf & Turf flavour are a decent effort if you can find them.

Crisp buffet is at Kick's Bar and Grill in Hull from a bit of Googling. It's £12.95 each if you pre book your table, £15 if you just rock up there. Crisp selection is abit, well, looks like they just went to Home Bargains tbh. At least that cereal cafe that got hated on a few years back had some rare cereals. 

Would like to see someone like Beardmeatsfood go there and see how much crisps he could demolish in 90 minutes though.

55 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

We want live commentary during those 90 minutes, @SuperBacon.

Where is this place???

I reckon I could manage 90 packets in 90 minutes. Crowdfund me lads.

The cost of living crisis has hit the crisp love hard. Even a 6 pack of Hula Hoops will set you back £1.75 these days. Sad, sad times.

I had some fantastic Paprika flavored Lays the other day from Poland that came in the kids snack box. 9/10

Also had these from there as well.

spacer.png

From Lithuania, really tasty but not really a crisp, more like a sugar puff, but sour cream and onion flavoured.

Most importantly, very pourable. 8/10

• Paid Members

These foolish words might come back to haunt me, but I don't think I've ever been full from eating just crisps (good phone in idea), and I only usually stop because I've a) run out or b) am aware that I've eaten 7 bags of hula hoops and their are others in the house who might like some. I think I could eat 90 bags in 90 minutes.

*smash cut to A+E*