Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
On 4/14/2023 at 8:19 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

The new salsa McCoy's are nice. They've got a nice hint of a warmth to them. 

I really like those, they've got a nice heat but also have an interesting fresh flavour to them, like they do taste a bit tomatoey and stuff, not just heat.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, Merzbow said:

Not massively into Pringles as a crisp with that whole reformed potato gimmick but might have to give them a try. I love a spicy crisp.

Have you (or anyone else) tried these? I love spicy stuff and these are almost certainly the hottest crisps I ever had.

5061451433330.jpeg.jpg

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

I've had them from Aldi a while back now, maybe in 2019 and yeah they are sure up there in heat. I remember them still being enjoyable though, where are they being sold now?

They occasionally have them in the random seasonal selection at my Lidl, only place I've ever seen them. They do a cayenne one too that is really nice and very spicy but those scorpion chili ones are intense.

• Paid Members

Picked these up in Marks & Sparks today. They've got a nice crunch and a decent flavour to them.

20230425_145936.JPG

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Picked these up in Marks & Sparks today. They've got a nice crunch and a decent flavour to them.

I've been meaning to try the pulled pork, pepperoni and hot wings flavours for ages after enjoying the Chicken Katsu ones. The hot prawn cocktail ones that Walkers Max Strong do are great, its a shame Walkers here don't offer the Hot Pepperoni, but of course, you can get them in Lays Max Strong at all decent Polish shops.

Has anyone tried Slabs crisps? I saw them last time I was in Farm Foods and thought they were pricey but they were invoiced in their weekly email which makes me think that it might be a good price for them (£1.99 or two for £3) sounds expensive but they look incredibly thick. The main thing that caught my eye was the flavour selection - salt and vinegar, cheese and onion, all the classics, even that old favourite crisp flavour EGG! Egg flavour crisps? Egg! Has anyone braved them?

Obviously egg and chips works but on a crisp? I'm going to have to try them