Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

On 8/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, SuperBacon said:

Chipoys Fire Red Hot 

Honestly one of the best crisps I have ever had. Really spicy, but not too much, and a slightly sweet spicy taste. I had to leave about 5 in the pack as I wanted my ex to try them and believe me I was fuming. Need to get back and purchase more ASAP. 10/10

I finally got to try these and…I wasn’t a fan. They’re a bit like Takis, but the flavour isn’t quite as nice, and you taste more of the actual crisp. I can see why someone might like them, but they weren’t really for me.

I also got to try Slabs Black Truffle crisps, a Slabs flavour I didn’t know existed until last weekend. I really enjoy Truffle flavoured crisps, and I really like the egg flavoured Slabs, but this one didn’t hit the spot for me. You could taste too much of the actual crisp, and too little of the truffle flavour. As with the Chipoys, I can see why someone might enjoy that - but it wasn’t for me. I think I prefer a thinner crisp, with a punchier flavour.

The local Farmfoods have realised that selling up-market crisps in Tile Hill is stupid and reduced the entire section to ÂŁ1.29 a bag instead of three fucking quid, I picked up a couple starting with these garlic Pijo brand ones, a real nice if subtle garlic flavor and definitely some quality crunch.

spacer.png

And these Chips De Madrid which I haven't tried yet but I like paprika crisps in general so hoping for the best.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the Walkers Max X Pizza Hut (as the kids would type it) Texan BBQ ones. Was expecting to decide on the better between those and McCoys' Epic Eats Bangin BBQ but they're different enough that I've decided I don't have to.

Going to Poland on 21st, looking forward to seeing what Crunchips they have that haven't yet been imported to Dobry Sklep.

I've been enjoying Golden Wonder recently. They'll never be the best crisp on the market but they are a reliable choice and more importantly always have a decent amount of flavour dust. Spring Onion, Sausage and Tomato and Chip Shop Curry are all lovely flavours that you don't see too often with other brands. And you can pick up a 6 pack at a reasonable price from places like Savers.

• Paid Members

Tried Morrisons' own crinkle cuts yesterday, lured in by Donner Kebab and Chicken Shwarma flavours. Both had great crunch, the latter had a pleasant aftertaste that reminded me of that "grilled" taste but were too subtle in the mouth. The Kebab was stronger but I wouldnt buy them over Crunchips in the kebab flavour.

On 9/15/2023 at 11:33 PM, Pork Pie said:

I've been enjoying Golden Wonder recently. They'll never be the best crisp on the market but they are a reliable choice and more importantly always have a decent amount of flavour dust.

Funnily enough I often thought Golden Wonder were actually better than Walkers in a few flavours - Roast Chicken especially, and the spring onion as you say is very nice, and yet throughout my life I've eaten Walkers far more often. The old Pepsi/Coke dichotomy.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

For me, just because Golden Wonder were the big crisp brand when I was growing up, I can never view Walkers as being anything but the No.2 brand, even though I hardly see Golden Wonder around any more.

10 hours ago, air_raid said:

Tried Morrisons' own crinkle cuts yesterday, lured in by Donner Kebab and Chicken Shwarma flavours

Cheers, will have to give them a try, my heart still has a Pringles kebab flavour hole in it and these might do the job.