Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Golden Wonder's bacon crisps are still splendid and deliciously over-flavoured. I get a six pack every week from Home Bargains.

Dang. No HB near me. Same with B&M and FarmFoods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 8/3/2023 at 4:50 PM, Merzbow said:

These new garlic bread crisps from Aldi are fucking gorgeous, I've always liked a garlic crisp and wonder why you so rarely get them?

spacer.png

These were my favourite crisps of the year. It was bullshit that they were only around for a couple of weeks, should be permanent.

Second faves were the Lidl Camembert and hot honey crisps in the orange pack

Third are probably the new Aldi ridged barbecue flavour.

I came here just to post about that article, super interesting. I lived in Hamburg for a couple of years and now finally know why the shelves are filled with paprika flavour! And the lack of non-fishy style crisps in Hanoi is quite upsetting. It's great when people I know come back from home with suitcases stuffed with Wotsits, Hula Hoops, and anything salt and vinegar!

Edited by Mr.Showtime

I bought some of Tesco's limited edition Honey Sriracha crisps and I haven't been this underwhelmed in a while, there's zero spice and barely any flavor of any kind. What's there is nice but it needs to be at least triple the strength.

Tesco are so far behind Aldi and Lidl.

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Love a fish flavoured snack me. Any time I go into the Asian supermarkets I come out with piles of seaweed, fish and shellfish flavoured crisps and snacks.

Have you had these before? It's been years since I've had any but I remember them being lovely.

spacer.png

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Have you had these before? It's been years since I've had any but I remember them being lovely.

spacer.png

I haven't! I'd be up for it though.

My usual picks when I find them are these

seaweed.thumb.jpg.d01722a6668cfb4dd81e45f0116789ce.jpgmarine.thumb.jpg.890802c2ea3ec204b528dc3a9c65266f.jpgcalbee.jpg.975be3a7c6d7b2c3cf254e2b9a9f0a22.jpg

Been munching through a bag of Lays Iconic Subway Teriyaki crisps. 

Very nice but too many in one go though as it gives a funny taste. Would buy again.

I do like a good rummage in the local foreign shops!