Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

These just appeared in cafe on the corner, anyone had them? Not paying that only for them to be shit.

PXL_20240316_122742891.thumb.jpg.9a806e1921f60b85e004173ee0d6d424.jpg

Add another to the chorus of voices saying "underwhelming". They're decent crisps, but not at that price.

21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

These just appeared in cafe on the corner, anyone had them? Not paying that only for them to be shit.

PXL_20240316_122742891.thumb.jpg.9a806e1921f60b85e004173ee0d6d424.jpg

If their truffle crisps are available, I thought they were decent; though I’m with @Carbomb in thinking the Torres truffle crisps are about as good as it gets for that flavour. On the whole though, for premium crisps, these are bang average. 

On the subject of truffle crisps, I tried the Slabs truffle flavour not that long ago, and it might be the worst premium crisp I’ve ever tried. Just awful. 

How are we feeling about those imported Takis that are all over every corner shop? They're stupidly expensive but I managed to get the Blue ones for 99p and they're toxic in flavour as well as colour but I weirdly like them, they feel like you're licking hot acid.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

How are we feeling about those imported Takis that are all over every corner shop? They're stupidly expensive but I managed to get the Blue ones for 99p and they're toxic in flavour as well as colour but I weirdly like them, they feel like you're licking hot acid.

I really like them. Fuck knows what’s in them, but they have a nice kick to them, and I really like the flavour. I like chilli-lime crisps, and these are top tier for me. 

24 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah they're good enough, but if you can find the Chipoys, especially the Fire Red Hot ones, i think they're much better.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

They're not bad; the spice creeps up on you. I know @Chris B has become a big fan.

• 2 weeks later...

rap-snacks-all-in-hot-2.5oz.png

I picked these up in a local American sweet shop, and I have to say, they were pretty tasty. While you can kind of detect some of the other flavours, it's almost like a spicy salt and vinegar crisp, which works really well. The crisp itself is thin but crispy. As far as the level of heat goes, it's very, very mild; but pleasant. 

• Paid Members

Trying to save money, I recently bought a big old bag of Asda own brand crisps (Meat selection, although one of those selections is ready salted, go figure). I have to say they were more enjoyable then Walkers to me in the like for like stakes, and at £3.60 for 36 bags, value for money.   

Yeah own brand crisps have caught up to Walkers and often out-do them now, I think maybe that the big W have dropped in quality too and nearly all of these gimmick flavours they throw out are also poor or just taste like something already out.

• 3 weeks later...