Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

23 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

These are from Aldi & are absolutely buzzing. Essentially Indian style niknaks but made from lentil & rice. Well spicy too! There's a green packet also but they're not as good.

20231021_113801.thumb.jpg.f61db87474ee0314a10c43470f9255f7.jpg

Lidl have these in as well in the random food isle atm. I demolished a whole bag yesterday watching the football. They are bloody nice.

• Paid Members

Today is International Crisp Sandwich Day, and my local is celebrating by offering free bread and condiments. I went for salt and vinegar slabs with HP sauce and a dash of hot sauce (pictured).

The head barman created a "surf and turf" of three slices of bread, bacon fries, scampi fries, HP sauce, dijon mustard and mature cheddar. All you can do is applaud.

20231025_184938.jpg

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

No cheese moments? Where the hell did they even go, they just vanished out of the multipacks and you don't see them in pubs now either.

Funny thing, I saw cheese moments everywhere for a while in pubs for sale but never saw anyone eating them. Pub I worked at on and off between uni terms for 18 months had them hanging on the walls, but they must have been the same ones the whole time because I never sold a single packet. We did shift plenty of both bacon fries and “Fanny fries” as a couple of the hilarious regulars used to call them.

• Paid Members
On 10/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, Dead Mike said:

These are from Aldi & are absolutely buzzing. Essentially Indian style niknaks but made from lentil & rice. Well spicy too! There's a green packet also but they're not as good.

20231021_113801.thumb.jpg.f61db87474ee0314a10c43470f9255f7.jpg

Got some of these and the Lime ones and preferred the Lime!
The Masala ones had a great flavour but I liked how the Lime cut through the strong savoury taste. Both lovely though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've been getting bags of walkers chilli heatwave flavor, not sure how long they've been about but it's all the flavor of Doritos chilli with proper crisp texture.

I've been getting them for £1 for 6 so I assume they aren't selling well but I'd be making them a regular flavor.

• Paid Members

I saw the Christmas Pudding and Pigs in Blanket Christmas Walkers today. 

i ain’t touching those Christmas Pudding ones, but the pigs in blanket flavour remind me of standard Smokey Bacon walkers (which I do rate) crossed with their old sausage and onion flavour (or was that Smiths?). Regardless you could taste both flavours which is all you can ask for really. 7/10.