Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Strange move considering there's already a Taylor's on the market:

5039378000638.jpeg.jpg.bf1bf10e0e0bfc7d44d21c9903881de6.jpg

Celtic snack manufacturers clearly lacking in originality. In my experience Lamb & Mint crisps are either quality or shit, little middle ground. When Walkers Sensations did them when they first came out they were fantastic. They bought them back for a limited run but were a pale imitation of the original.

• Paid Members

I always grab a multipack of the meaty McCoy's rip offs from Aldi. The Bacon Sizzler is passable but the Flame Grilled Steak and the Thai Sweet Chicken are pretty great. 

The yesterday I spotted these for the first time... 

20230718_083155.thumb.jpg.e9b83e13080ae79b4969e3c44db433c8.jpg

At just over a quid these are absolute class. The 'Sharing' tag is unrealistically optimistic. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

I'm crap at uploading pics but Lays which for those without any culture is what many places in the world label their Walkers have released 2 special flavours in Cambodia. Amok which is a fantastic local curry dish and Leas Hal which isfriend clams with Chilli. 

Might actually pay the neighbours a visit again to try the Amok if they don't leak over the border. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

Lays which for those without any culture is what many places in the world label their Walkers

Or to put it another, slightly less patriotic but more accurate way, Lays, who sell crisps all over the world and of whom Walkers are a UK subsidiary. Keep flying the flag, mind.

Lays from the Polish shop always include some winners. For a "standard" e.g. non ridged crisp, the Green Onion is very powerful.

15 hours ago, air_raid said:

Or to put it another, slightly less patriotic but more accurate way, Lays, who sell crisps all over the world and of whom Walkers are a UK subsidiary. Keep flying the flag, mind.

Lays from the Polish shop always include some winners. For a "standard" e.g. non ridged crisp, the Green Onion is very powerful.

Sure, sure. Next you'll be telling me that Axe is the main branding of Lynx and not the other way around or how about all those Opal cars not being just rip off copies of our good old Vauxhall's 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

These new garlic bread crisps from Aldi are fucking gorgeous, I've always liked a garlic crisp and wonder why you so rarely get them?

spacer.png

There's a shop near me that used to sell garlic plantain crisps a few years ago, which were fuggin' amazing. Unfortunately, I think the crisp company went out of business, because I've never been able to find them since.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'm guessing they were imported? Usually when I see plantain chips they are, they sound lovely though.

Yeh, they were from Ecuador or Peru. The packaging was in Spanish, but there was a silhouette of South America on it.

• Paid Members

Had some Lays Green Onion last night after a trip to the Polish shop for Paluszki - accidentally picked up bacon and cheese n onion flavour so promised mrs raid we'll go back for salted tonight - has anyone tried falafel flavour Crunchips?

Had quite the variety over the last couple of weeks. 

First up, these from Lithuania were brilliant. Very nice bacon flavour and a decent texture. Bonus point for the random professor mascot. 8/10

spacer.png

Another Co-op cracker. These are lovely, and are more tomatoey than cheesy, but that's no bad thing. Will definitely purchase again. 9/10.

spacer.png

These were OK, but again it's a case of the spice outdoing the flavour. I love how it says "perfect with beer" Such a nation of pissheads that they try and push alcohol on crisp buyers. I mean they're not wrong but still funny. 6/10

spacer.png

A belting offering from the local Spar shop. Not enough in the packet would be my only gripe. 8/10

spacer.png

These San Carlo crisps are one of the best I've ever tasted. Nails the flavour and just fantastic all round. 10/10

spacer.png

Also tried these but forgot to take a picture.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The sweet potato ones, despite being Nongshim, were crap and really disappointing. 3/10

The cheese sticks from the Philippines were wicked. 7/10

And finally, haven't tried these, but I need to ASAP.

spacer.png