Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Cheers, will have to give them a try, my heart still has a Pringles kebab flavour hole in it and these might do the job. 

Or just scour Polish shops until you find these!

IMG_1445.webp

I tried another of those Pijo crisps, the lemon and pepper ones are really good if a little sweeter than I expected. I'm too used to the lemon and chilli bad boys from Cofresh so expected it to be like them. Another I grabbed today were these truffle flavoured lot again from Farmfoods for £1.29, a good potato with a nice subtle dusting but again they are not worth the three quid they were originally, it seems like there's a trend of "high-end" crisps that really aren't much better than the norm.

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Tesco Honey Sriracha. They're tasty, but also a little generic. I think they are suffering from being a step down from those excellent morrisons nduja ones. Also the texture of the crisp itself is a little brittle / powdery. 

Seems an usual-ish combo but they sound nice and have been added to the next shop.

I find Tesco Finest crisps do tend to be a bit too brittle in all flavours to be honest.

• Paid Members

I know I’m repeating myself but at Tesco it’s got to be crinkle cut Beef & Horseradish for me.  It’s not Brannigans beef/mustard but it will do.

Taylor's Hot Buffalo Wings flavour. My word.

We had a family party at ours on Saturday and my brother-in-law brought these. I imagine they're more readily available in Edinburgh, but Sainsbury's may stock them (they are on their online catalogue but showing as out of stock).

The texture of the ridge-cut is very pleasing and the flavour is delightful. I imagine these will be pricey but worth it if you can get your hands on them.

Amazon are doing 8x share bags for £21.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crisps-Multipack-Taylors-Buffalo-Flavour/dp/B0C94967ZZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Just from the flavour I think most of us could have guessed that....

Quite happy recently to have found a shop that has an interesting range of Lays crisps of which I've purchased but yet to taste Wild Mushroom and Sour Cream flavour. 

Also bought a posh brand of crisps from a farm shop yesterday of Duck and plum sauce from Taste of Game. Looking forward to trying them tomorrow during either Japan GP or Arse*al v Spurs.

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Taste of Game

They are a brand of "just crisps" who also do Mr trotters. Their pork scratchings flavor is amazing.

Edit

https://just-crisps.myshopify.com/products/just-crisps-taste-of-game-mr-trotters-just-roasted-variety-box

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Was excited to try these mustard crisps from Lidl but they were only ok. They were really thin and the mustard flavour wasn't that great, too vinegary and not warm and mustardy enough. The bag was 200 grams and I felt pretty gross after eating them all in one sitting. I've had better mustard crisps by Zweifel, a swiss crisp company.

w=480.jpeg.jpg

• Paid Members
On 9/23/2023 at 7:53 AM, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Quite happy recently to have found a shop that has an interesting range of Lays crisps 

If anyone is on the look out for Lays, may be worth looking in Polish shops. Local one to me has a decent range.