Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

On 11/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, wordsfromlee said:

Definitely going to try these although I don’t have high hopes. 

7-F3-F052-E-CDB3-49-C1-8999-831-BA45-FB5

I tried the roast potato version of these yesterday, and they're one of the worst things I've eaten in a while. When you open the bag, the immediate smell is really unpleasant - almost damp like. And it tastes similarly to how it smells. I can't say I've ever had a roast potato like it, thank god. 1/10. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I tried the roast potato version of these yesterday, and they're one of the worst things I've eaten in a while. When you open the bag, the immediate smell is really unpleasant - almost damp like. And it tastes similarly to how it smells. I can't say I've ever had a roast potato like it, thank god. 1/10. 

They should have asked @Onyx2to work on them 

• 4 weeks later...

I gave these Aldi crips a go this morning...

Specially Selected Sea Salt & Lime Tortilla Chips 160g

They're not bad, but you taste the crisp more than the flavour. That's not to say the flavour is weak, it's just a very strong tasting tortilla chip. The balance between the sea salt and lime is nice, but personally, I'd prefer a stronger lime taste - I think lemon and lime flavoured crisps taste fantastic. It delivers on what it advertises, though - so if you like the sound of that, you'll probably enjoy them. I wouldn't buy them again myself, but I can see why someone might enjoy these quite a lot. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

They're not bad, but you taste the crisp more than the flavour. 

I find that with tortillas in general. Even the best Doritos flavours are something I'll usually swerve in favour of normal crisps or something from the puffings family like Wotsits or Monster Munch. 

• Paid Members

I find that problem with most store-brand crisps whether they be tortilla, hand cut, chunky or whatever they’re advertised as to look like the proper thing. Always too hard and taste 90% of potato and 10% of flavouring.

Calling on the hive mind to help. This is my go to evening snack. Sliced up bagels tossed in oil, garlic and paprika. But they remind me of an old snack you’d get in the crisp section. They were oily as fuck, stank up and stayed on your fingers for days and tasted lovely, just like your mum. Anyone remember the name of them?

E8EECC4F-2383-44D5-8C12-0CF2E32DBE01

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Calling on the hive mind to help. This is my go to evening snack. Sliced up bagels tossed in oil, garlic and paprika. But they remind me of an old snack you’d get in the crisp section. They were oily as fuck, stank up and stayed on your fingers for days and tasted lovely, just like your mum. Anyone remember the name of them?

E8EECC4F-2383-44D5-8C12-0CF2E32DBE01

Pretty sure it was these mate. Like small buttery, garlicky croutons?

Loved them.spacer.png

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Pretty sure it was these mate. Like small buttery, garlicky croutons?

Loved them.spacer.png

Nah not them. I’m thinking they predated them. You have to remember I was born when all this was black and white fields etc. 

But they were certainly the kind of thing I am thinking about!

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah not them. I’m thinking they predated them. You have to remember I was born when all this was black and white fields etc. 

But they were certainly the kind of thing I am thinking about!

Frustrating thing is I know there was another garlicky, buttery crouton snack and I cannot for the life of me think of it either. Buttery little coins (that's enough of me saying buttery)

Forgot to say, I had these this week. They came in the snack box I get my youngest (Snackd if anyone is interested. We used to get Snack Surprise but they started really taking the piss and were months behind and Snackd is much better)

spacer.png

Really nice, and all the flavours worked well. 7/10

Thesespacer.png

These were amazing. Not a fan of that shape of crisp, but yeah these will definitely be getting bought again. Nice bit of spice with the lemon. 9.5/10