Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
On 4/19/2022 at 5:35 PM, neil said:

Hmm, I don't remember that flavour. Were they around in the paper bag era? Thats where most of my memories are from.

They were. I have half a memory of getting them from the cash and carry with my mother but never seeing them in any actual shops.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:53 AM, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Having had a bag over Christmas and forgotten if they were just good or very good, I had another bag the other day and they were brilliant. I've just selected six bags of crisps/snacks for a 30 hour drive for next week and this is the only bag I have two of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

They've absolutely nailed the flavour in these, taste exactly like pork & apple. Wasn't mad keen on them though & wouldn't get them again. 

20220521_171022.thumb.jpg.a11676119d1169f5d218a85318b38f19.jpg

I agree (just finished them this morning). I can’t work out why I wasn’t keen on them, but something was just off. 

4 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

They've absolutely nailed the flavour in these, taste exactly like pork & apple. Wasn't mad keen on them though & wouldn't get them again. 

20220521_171022.thumb.jpg.a11676119d1169f5d218a85318b38f19.jpg

Too acidic. The cheese and honey ones are fucking delicious though. Polished off a big bag in about 5 minutes.

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I just wish they'd bring these back, they were wonderful.

Co-op Irresistible Aberdeen Angus Steak & Peppercorn Sauce Crinkle Cut  Crisps 150g - From Tuffins Craven Arms in Craven Arms | APPY SHOP

There is now a co-op 10 seconds from my house.

Got into a very bad (read: good) habit of demolishing a bag of their Sour Cream & Chive Snack Mix (not a crisp, don't care) of a night.

They leave your fingers encrusted with the dust that is incredibly hard to get rid of. Lovely stuff.

Their bacon rashers are also excellent. 

• Paid Members

Yes! I thought they'd discontinued them but I'm happy to see they're around because there are loads of Co-Ops round here. Might have to go on a quest.

Maybe I was actually thinking of these being discontinued.

A review of a bag of crisps | Peter Ward

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

These are simply immense.

B74E465E-E908-4CCB-86C8-0BD79B352A9F.jpeg.bd46e7265b312ab162ed257a54030510.jpeg

Seriously thick crisps and the flavour tastes just like fried egg. I’m a little bit in love with them and they are becoming a regular purchase from the local shop.

I can’t recall any other crisp tasting this close to their advertised flavour. Top marks.

They're expensive, but the Spanish brand Torres do a good line in stupidly posh crisps - Black Truffle, Fried Egg, Spanish Jamón, Olive Oil, and even Caviar!

The fried egg ones do taste very much as advertised, and the entire Torres line is moreish as hell, they've got a good crunch on them. But as I say, they're bloody expensive.

R03927488_M

• 2 weeks later...