Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/16/2021 at 9:38 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

I saw Tayto have started doing some more "upmarket" style crisps as well, presumably to rival the Walker's Sensations ones. They were called Tayto Gourmet, if memory serves. 

Looked for this thread to post about these so odd that this is the last post. They're called Tayto Craft. We picked up the Cheese and Onion ones today and they are excellent. Great flavour and not quite as "hard" as the Piper's, etc.

• Moderators

I tried some Doritos Stax, their ripoff of Pringles. I had the chicken flavour. They were pretty crap. Your brain can't quite figure out what to make of them because they're too flavoured for a nacho, and the texture is all wrong for a Pringle. But once you adjust you realise they're still pretty underwhelming. And they suffer the same access problem with the crisps at the bottom end of the tube as Pringles do, but with none of the upside of a Pringle.

The packaging is kinda neat though; I like that the lid stays attached and that there's no plastic.

Overall, one to avoid. But I hope Pringles take this as an opportunity to rethink their tube design.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I tried a couple of flavours of Stax and found them OK. But the fact I can’t remember what flavours tells you - OK but not memorable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 10/3/2021 at 6:49 AM, Mr_Danger said:

spacer.png

Might do a Kick Starter so I can try these.

Rap Snacks are not good. I'd avoid them.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:00 AM, Carbomb said:

Had Walkers Hot Dog flavour crisps yesterday. Just generic savoury, no real hot dog flavour.

7/11 in the US does hot dog flavoured crisps and they are amazing. Tastes like a can of princes hot dogs with lots of mustard.

8 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

Where are these from? The crisps are in cents but below the chocolates are in pounds? 

A Premier convenience store by me in North Wales. He does a sideline in overpriced yank sweets. The Mountain Dew varieties are great and cheaper than a Monster Energy drink but like fuck am I paying £2 for an American Milky Way, I still remember what they used to be like and even then they were inferior brand chocolate.

11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

A Premier convenience store by me in North Wales. He does a sideline in overpriced yank sweets. The Mountain Dew varieties are great and cheaper than a Monster Energy drink but like fuck am I paying £2 for an American Milky Way, I still remember what they used to be like and even then they were inferior brand chocolate.

American Milky Way's are Mars bars aren't they? The equivalent to a UK Milky Way is a 3 Muskateers bar