Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

Yeah I only bought them as my 7yo suckered me in to getting themĀ because of the gimmick, but shes asleep now and 90% of the bag has just gone in my gob in 2/3 minutes.

Quite cheesy, good coating, nice bit of dust at the bottom, but most importantly, incredibly pourable due to the shape of them. Quid in Morrisons at the moment. 8.5/10

spacer.png

They also had them new Peri Peri Walkers but they're Ā£1.75 and that ain't happening.

• Paid Members
On 3/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, air_raid said:

B&M opposite Manchester Fort?

Who in the Heatons has a day to spare trekking all that way and back?Ā 

If you really felt like slumming it there's always that B&M on the way up to Portwood Tesco.Ā 

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, Jonny Vegas said:

Those cheese football Cheetos are awful. Got a bag a month or so ago, ate about 10 and binned them.

Ā 

on the subject of binning crisps, i think i binned a packet of crisps half eaten for the first time in my life recently...

snapshotimagehandler_1836386872.jpeg.jpg.0b1d805de88c1c4b6227fa7c004c7a7d.jpg

They were new and on the shelf at Tesco so i had to pick them up. The sea salt is almost non-existant and the rosemary taste just isnt right on a crisp. Just a really strange combination that doesn't work. I ate a few handfuls and binned them, rubbish.

• Paid Members

I had some Limited Edition Lamb & Rosemary flavour ones a few years ago, can't remember the brand - they were nice, as they had a good balance of meaty and herby tastes.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I had some Limited Edition Lamb & Rosemary flavour ones a few years ago, can't remember the brand - they were nice, as they had a good balance of meaty and herby tastes.

Brannigans?

I wish Pringles would bring back the Olive Oil and Rosemary flavour.

I tried the regular KFC crisps today. I think the flavouring (ie: the coating) is about right, but it's not applied heavily enough and so the potato dilutes and slightly sweetens the falvour. It needs a good McCoy's level covering.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Brannigans?

And the same to you, too!

Ā 

No, I want to say something like Piper's, Seabrooks or Red Sky, but I really can't remember. Was definitely one of the arty-farty brands. Being a complete magpie drawn to the next shiny thing, I'm always up for trying weird new flavours.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, deathrey said:

Since when is Seabrooks arty-farty?! Its your bogstandard cornershop crisp.

With the gimmicks like Fire Eaters and now Loaded Fries, I donā€™t think this is true anymore.

• Paid Members

I still don't think this makes them 'arty farty'. They're not going to be served in rural gastro pubs or at dinner parties any time soon.

Seabrooks are definitely expanding from lunchbox crisps to big bag, night time eating though. They're targeting a different market is all, 'upwardly mobile scumbags'...just like me.Ā 

• Paid Members

Aldi have started doing Tangy Toms. With 50p to spend, they were myĀ absolute go to at theĀ school summer tuck shop along with a Calypso drink. I've stocked up and don't think I've felt this made up over crisps before.

If you like spicy American crisps that likelyĀ contain all sorts of ingredients that shouldn't enter your stomach, ifoodsUK is a great place to visit.Ā 

And on that note, Buffalo Ranch Pringles might be the nicest crisp I've ever tasted, I can't get enough of them. They are outstandingly good, and will be one of the main reasons for any lockdown weight I've put on.Ā 

On 3/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, SuperBacon said:

Tried these the other day and thought they were crap. Another example of 'extra hot' crisps having no real flavour apart from the heat. No taste of cheese or chilli, just an unidentifiable spice. 2/10

spacer.png

I really like the sour cream version of these. They're milder as far as the spice goes, but the slight kick you get from it gives the taste a real lift.Ā 

However, I enjoyed the cheese & chilli flavour well enough, so maybe don't take what I'm saying as gospel...