The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Did anyone else get royally fucked off with the guy from LAX screaming "THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!" constantly over Jericho's backstage promo like an awful Foo Fighters tribute band?

It was definitely annoying and made it hard to hear what Jericho was saying, but again, it goes back to why I enjoy AEW so much - it’s such a contrast to WWE’s slick, polished, overproduced and over-rehearsed vision of what pro-wrestling is.

I’ll take someone talking over a promo if it means everything feels rougher, more spontaneous and more organic. Scorpio Sky throwing his shoes around the arena and Chris Jericho messing around on a skateboard mid-match. You don’t realise how much these small, off-the-cuff moments matter until you’re starved of them for so long.

Compare it to what we see on WWE (the smallest of Smackdown spoilers from last night below).

Roman Reigns now literally has a cushion on the ground for him to punch during his entrance pose. As if it couldn’t get any more overproduced. He might as well be CGI at this point.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

You don’t realise how much these small, off-the-cuff moments matter until you’re starved of them for so long.

Reveal hidden contents

Roman Reigns now literally has a cushion on the ground for him to punch during his entrance pose. As if it couldn’t get any more overproduced. He might as well be CGI at this point.

Agree with that 100% its insane to me that anyone in charge of running any of it can think otherwise.

12 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

For anyone that’s interested, ShopAEW (which is run by Pro Wrestling Tees) has got 20% off everything using the code ‘Retail’ at checkout until Monday 5pm GMT. Shipping is $9 to the UK, which I didn’t think was too bad

Plus a random free autographed 8x10

095c3e1323481844.jpg3724381323481845.jpg

Hikaru Shida's last show in Japan. AEW could do to bring the other lass in as well (Syuri Kondo). Best unsigned Japanese female worker by some distance. She has been competing in UFC, but suffered 2 or 3 bad losses in her most recent fights.

Edited by KingofSports

• Paid Members

Riho is absolutely awful, I know 'business exposing' isn't exactly a valid criticism in this day and age, but that's what it is. Impossible to suspend your disbelief for her. A few people have mentioned it already, but AEW's women's division is a million miles away from WWE's or even NXT's right now, and it's going to take them a while to catch up. More Japanese girls won't be the answer either.

I've enjoyed watching AEW each week, but I'm disappointed that they aren't the alternative that I thought they could be and hoped they would be. To me, this Dynamite show is no more a valid alternative to WWE than NXT already is and has been for the past five years or so. Too much about the style of the presentation is borrowed from WWE, it's just more of the same sort of thing. It will no doubt appeal to jaded WWE fans, in the short term, but there's nothing that will pull in the casual fans that WWE have been missing out on.

Edited by Arch Stanton