The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I gotta confess something here in the privacy of the UKFF.  I remember someone saying that AEW had the first transgender woman wrestler but I wasn't paying attention.  So I've spent the past few episodes thinking it was Dr Britt Baker and being impressed about how they didn't ever really mention it.

Edited by Loki

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I gotta confess something here in the privacy of the UKFF.  I remember someone saying that AEW had the first transgender woman wrestler but I wasn't paying attention.  So I've spent the past few episodes thinking it was Dr Britt Baker and being impressed about how they didn't ever really mention it.

To be fair if you stay away from your average comments section you'd be forgiven for not knowing that it's actually Brandi Rhodes.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Apparently she's a dentist... I'm not sure....

• Paid Members

Personally I wish they would just sack the women off completely. 

Solid show. The two tag tournament matches could have been half the time they were but I liked stuff in both. Enjoyed the last two matches. Everything just feels more real and natural like wrestling used to before WWE became the cold and overproduced shite it is now.

The singles roster feels a bit thin though. Split up Lucha Bros soon I say and they could have something with Scorpio Sky babyface singles run. He's a handsome fucker with a lot of babyface fire.

Pentagon vs Marko Stunt. Book it AEW. I could watch him smack Stunt around for hours.

Edited by LaGoosh

Thought it was a solid show but yeah, it noticeably takes a dip in quality when the women are in action in particular. The bar that high for women's wrestling now that Britt Baker and Riho both being a bit shit stands out more in this day and age. More so Baker but tbh I'm not that convinced by Riho either. Was tough to take Stunt and Jungle Boy seriously as a team too. 

Other than that, the Moxley/Omega tag match was very good and the main event a decent showcase for Allen.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It is the point. They're using tag matches in part to build to and save single matches and in part to build their tag division. There were 4 tag matches on the show. A squash showcase, two in a tournament and one star-studded brawl. None felt remotely like the others.

Which he'd know if he watched the show.

The matches were different enough to stop them becoming boring for me. Best compliment I can give AEW right now is that I don't get the itch to fast forward anything.

The first 3 shows have all been really good in my opinion and I think having hot crowds that react to the story being told more than seeming to just try and get themselves over seems to really help as well.

I agree that there's really been nothing to be fast forwarded yet and I find myself looking forward to next weeks episode after each week. 

I would genuinely say it's been years since anything in wrestling did that for me.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

AEW are lucky NXT are doing worst, because that their numbers fell WOW despite their being no MLB competition is pretty crazy.

In a couple of weeks, NXT will be on <500k and AEW will be hovering round 750 and we’ll all be wondering how long it can last.

Too much wrestling in the world.

• Paid Members

That's my main fear really. They could be putting on the best wrestling shows in history every week but I just don't think the audience is there. The market has been completely oversaturated for years by a shitty WWE product. 

Far too much wrestling on these shows, I like AEW and when they do the pre tapes or the hype videos it’s incredible but on these weekly shows it’s just match after match after match with barely any promos or anything, it’s ruining it for me.