The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Could we see Ryback getting involved with this? Would we want him? I think he could offer something...... Killer Kross should surely be coming onboard if NXT doesn't come calling. I imagine he's waiting to see if there's a chance. It'd be a shame to split him and Scarlett up (unless they've split up) and I'd have preferred to see them both together in AEW, mainly because I don't know how either will fit into the WWE Universe. Get Jacob Fatu in as well once MLW is done with him or can't keep him.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure about Ryback. I loved him in WWE and he's definitely someone they utterly missed the boat with, but it's been years now and he's not no reputation left. If you were going to bring him in at all, it would have to be a midcard heel to chuck the likes of Marko Stunt and Darby Allin about, but I don't think he'd be happy with that position.

I think someone like Ryback could work in AEW, he's been out of the WWE for what seems like forever now, and doesn't have any TNA "stink" on him. Also works a different style to most people on the roster aswell.

Jacob Fatu you would think is a must, but I don't really see either happening.

I think AEW just wants everyone to be super fast, with a hundred moves each, that's the impression I get from the first few weeks TV anyway.

• Paid Members

I watched the "highlight" show last night, which I presume was just the last hour of the show. The look of the show and arena reminds me of 2005 era TNA with the entrance the way it is. 

The commentary is odd. I love Sciavone, and JR is one of the all time greats, but it sounds like they're both doing colour while Excalibur sounds like he's used to calling things on his own, so tries to get these things in there himself as well. There's a lot of words there, but it doesn't always feel like a lot is being said. They either need defined roles or I'd just let JR & Tony call it. Stick Excalibur on Dark. 

Jericho shouldn't have needed outside help to win a Street fight against a guy with his hands tied behind his back. If they were stuck for a finish then have Jericho get frustrated at how Allin is refusing to stay down and wail on him with a kendo stick or something until the ref stops it, then have the rest of his lads run down and stick the boot in.

That Cody vignette was good, but left me under no impression that he was walking away from the PPV with the title. I'm predicting a schmoz finish with interference from Inner Circle and The Elite. 

Sounds like at some point we're going to get an Elite Vs Inner Circle feud. Could be good. 

I thought it was alright. Our new broadband etc is getting installed today, so I'll be able to start actually watching the whole show on catchup and it may feel better. I think I've been spoiled by how much fun I find the NWA show at the moment, though. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Odd collection of @s there - Riddick Moss??

Revival and Harper have been "linked with transfers" to AEW. Obviously Cody and Jericho are AEW. So they make sense for some quality shit-stirring. Moss and Elias are odd.

Moss and Dan Matha are working NXT House Shows as a power team with a heel manager. There's a vid on YouTube of Bryan & Vinny talking about a comedy match they had with Breeze and Fandango that was apparently a bundle of fun opener.

Jericho’s reply of “send in a tape and I’ll see what I can do” is priceless.”

Personally I would love to see Randy have a huge bust up with management and show up in AEW in full blown fuck about mode. Just being encouraged to do what he wants with no consequences. Would be beautiful 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
Just now, TildeGuy~! said:

Elias just doesn't wrestle really does he?

I really liked Elias for a time. Saw his name pop up on that draft list and realised I'd completely forgotten he existed. He's another act that got over as a heel to the point fans were dying to cheer him but it just doesn't matter now. There's nothing done to capitalise on it. Bray Wyatt was in that position for years. Kevin Owens too. For a company who can't create a likeable face to save their lives, they are hideously slow to jump on the ones who just fall into their lap.

Riddick Moss got some decent tv time with Sabatelli last year (Christ, time flies).  He looks like a decent hand but he's been in development too long now.

Randy Orton is a better worker and big stage wrestler than practically anyone in AEW so he'd be an incredible coup.  Never going to happen though, he's just pulling our internet plonkers.