Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

That’s very similar to Jericho’s character, but it does sound good. The issue is that AEW strongly depends on its promoters/bookers being babyface, and signing Orton could turn Tony Khan and co heel online, or at least take the bloom off the rose. They’d be endorsing him doing chinlocks, and the core audience would be very aware of that. It’s definitely not “won a hell in a cell match by ref stoppage” but it could be “shags Becky Lynch.”

Khan has to be big enough to take that. It could play into the whole thing beautifully if the babyface elite lads constantly say they don't want him but Khan insisted. Orton's "Tony Khan's favourite wrestler" T-Shirt will be gold!

It has elements of Jericho's character but where Jericho has also been a company guy since they signed him, have Orton play up in interviews that he doesn't want to be there. "WWE is boring but I can't take my bus to Japan so I'm going where the money is." When he finally makes an in-ring promo, have him say "It's wonderful to be here in TNA".

Such good shit.

Posted

Orton teasing RKOs only to do another chin lock would be worth spending the money alone. Fuck me what heat he could get in AEW. I'm now annoyed this wont happen

  • Paid Members
Posted

You're all bastards. I want this so much now and it's never going to happen. They would have to rename the RKO anyway so call it NYKO.

  • Paid Members
Posted
59 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Khan has to be big enough to take that. It could play into the whole thing beautifully if the babyface elite lads constantly say they don't want him but Khan insisted. Orton's "Tony Khan's favourite wrestler" T-Shirt will be gold!

Given the positioning of all this, I'd go for a "I'm A Tony Khan Guy" design. But it all has to be Orton - Khan shouldn't ever be on screen. No heel authorities. In fact, let Khan be like the Anonymous RAW GM, but we hear from him through Orton only.

59 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It has elements of Jericho's character but where Jericho has also been a company guy since they signed him, have Orton play up in interviews that he doesn't want to be there. "WWE is boring but I can't take my bus to Japan so I'm going where the money is." When he finally makes an in-ring promo, have him say "It's wonderful to be here in TNA".

Such good shit.

I would love that. And Factotum's idea of RKO teases-into-chinlocks would be glorious.

Posted (edited)

Jamie Hayter is taking on Britt Baker tonight, Hayter’s good and has personality  but I can’t imagine her getting anything decent out of Baker.

Jamie’s tagging with Bea Priestley in Stardom at the moment so she’ll probably get involved.

Edited by TildeGuy~!
Posted

Another solid episode of Dark, but I've already forgotten the name of the guy they did the promo on..

Tag match was fun, Goldie's tired spot was a little cute but I'll let him off as it did get a genuine laugh outta me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Lovely little promo about QT Marshall. Keeps up the believe that AEW is a great company to work for. Never heard of the guy before but I thought it was a nice little promo. Opener was fine, Has Leva Bates always been this bad? Didn't mind Taz on commentary either. Nice touch for Dusty to ignore MJF as well. The main event did a great job of giving everyone plenty of time to shine. Good episode

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Dusty? You sure?

That’s how I read it. MJF even does a head tilt after he walked past him (best pictures I could get)

BD779678-2137-421B-817E-AF5062DE5778.png

7D3E546F-15BA-4F51-AD77-8AB3FBB2EC87.png

Posted
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It's what I call Dustin when we go for a Tuesday steak at the Fairlop Oak Weatherspoons.

I called him Dustin when I was smoking cigars with him in Vegas 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...