The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

That’s very similar to Jericho’s character, but it does sound good. The issue is that AEW strongly depends on its promoters/bookers being babyface, and signing Orton could turn Tony Khan and co heel online, or at least take the bloom off the rose. They’d be endorsing him doing chinlocks, and the core audience would be very aware of that. It’s definitely not “won a hell in a cell match by ref stoppage” but it could be “shags Becky Lynch.”

Khan has to be big enough to take that. It could play into the whole thing beautifully if the babyface elite lads constantly say they don't want him but Khan insisted. Orton's "Tony Khan's favourite wrestler" T-Shirt will be gold!

It has elements of Jericho's character but where Jericho has also been a company guy since they signed him, have Orton play up in interviews that he doesn't want to be there. "WWE is boring but I can't take my bus to Japan so I'm going where the money is." When he finally makes an in-ring promo, have him say "It's wonderful to be here in TNA".

Such good shit.

• Paid Members

You're all bastards. I want this so much now and it's never going to happen. They would have to rename the RKO anyway so call it NYKO.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Khan has to be big enough to take that. It could play into the whole thing beautifully if the babyface elite lads constantly say they don't want him but Khan insisted. Orton's "Tony Khan's favourite wrestler" T-Shirt will be gold!

Given the positioning of all this, I'd go for a "I'm A Tony Khan Guy" design. But it all has to be Orton - Khan shouldn't ever be on screen. No heel authorities. In fact, let Khan be like the Anonymous RAW GM, but we hear from him through Orton only.

59 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It has elements of Jericho's character but where Jericho has also been a company guy since they signed him, have Orton play up in interviews that he doesn't want to be there. "WWE is boring but I can't take my bus to Japan so I'm going where the money is." When he finally makes an in-ring promo, have him say "It's wonderful to be here in TNA".

Such good shit.

I would love that. And Factotum's idea of RKO teases-into-chinlocks would be glorious.

Jamie Hayter is taking on Britt Baker tonight, Hayter’s good and has personality  but I can’t imagine her getting anything decent out of Baker.

Jamie’s tagging with Bea Priestley in Stardom at the moment so she’ll probably get involved.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Lovely little promo about QT Marshall. Keeps up the believe that AEW is a great company to work for. Never heard of the guy before but I thought it was a nice little promo. Opener was fine, Has Leva Bates always been this bad? Didn't mind Taz on commentary either. Nice touch for Dusty to ignore MJF as well. The main event did a great job of giving everyone plenty of time to shine. Good episode