Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I enjoy the build to a good PPV but Dynamite has been so good every week that I'll take that and a skippable PPV this time. The end game is still clearly Hangman. It's taking some patience but the response to that big loss from Hangman and the DO and the positioning of a challenger who clearly isn't winning the title has just whet my appetite again.

I'm impatient because I've been fucked over for 15 years by everything I'm invested in turning to shit but I have faith here that the moment is coming.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

 

Most reputable sites now reporting that Hangman’s deal is indeed due to his wife giving birth and it was the plan all along for him to take this time off.

 

Can I just shock you, I always believe Meltzer despite what I said earlier [/Partridge]

Edited by Keith Houchen
Posted
14 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

It's likely that All Out will have Punk vs Darby Allin, Jon Moxley vs Tanahashi and the end of the Jericho/Inner Circle/MJF/Pinnacle story. Those three alone are BIG. Throw in a tasty Bucks tag, Miro defence, Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa and Andrade vs Pac it'll be an absolute fucking stormer.

I’ve no doubt it’ll be a good show, they usually are,I just feel like the card we’ll get is weaker than the card we could have had.

Moxley/Tanahashi, if it happens, isn’t something I’m particularly bothered about as I don’t know much about Tanahashi. I want to feel like their four PPVs are the culmination of story before we get a reset the Dynamite following (with some carry over), but the card to All Out is going to feel quite rushed.

Posted

I'm late to the party with this but that Don Callis promo was god awful. 

"You Stamford stooge" was just lame. Its just dropping a reference for the sake of it. 

"Great finisher, Kenny can't wait to kick out of it." Again, another behind the scenes reference, but fuck off. If you're trying to be halfway serious with rankings and wins and losses matter then you can't also have your top heel wanting to get hit by a finisher. It makes even less sense when Kenny's got the more protected finisher. 

Why couldn't they just say "you might work harder than anyone else, you might train harder than anyone else, but Kenny doesn't need to work hard to be the best, he already is." 

You can make something out of the hard working veteran and the arrogant naturally talented younger champion without the need for half arsed references that make the champion look stupid. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I didn’t realise the American New Japan show was last night. So this coming Wednesday we’ve got Young Bucks vs. Jurassic Express, MJF vs. Jericho, Sting wrestling and then the chance of either Tanahashi or Ishii turning up? Holy shit!

Posted

I don't know if it's worth starting a thread over but Kenny's title match with Andrade at Triplemania was pretty dull.

Spoiler

Naitch turned up with Andrade and supposedly Charlotte was there but I didn't spot her or anything, Meltzer says Andrade was meant to win the title but AEW asked the company to keep it on Kenny.

 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I don't know if it's worth starting a thread over but Kenny's title match with Andrade at Triplemania was pretty dull.

  Hide contents

Naitch turned up with Andrade and supposedly Charlotte was there but I didn't spot her or anything, Meltzer says Andrade was meant to win the title but AEW asked the company to keep it on Kenny.

 

Spoiler

knQb1wW.jpg

Apparently she asked if she could come out with Ric but was told no.

 

Posted

Not sure if Andrade thinks he can coast because he was in WWE or if he was just never that good to begin with. But he’s been a bit meh since joining AEW.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Andrade/Omega was fine, and I wouldn't say Andrade was phoning it in, but the slowz deliberate, and largely low-impact way Omega has been working recently wasn't a good match for what he was doing. It needed someone in there who was able to up the pace, which neither man was in a position to do, and instead it broke down into AAA main event nonsense.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...