The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I'm kind of dreading that's the direction they're going. With Christian picking up the Impact world title. Would really take the air out of the Hangman win.

The timing doesn't work if Page is off for paternity reasons but him costing Kenny the Impact belt to Christian, then the AAA belt leading to Kenny calling him out would be a great way to get the belts off Kenny with heat and get around the fact Page lost the big tag match.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The timing doesn't work if Page is off for paternity reasons but him costing Kenny the Impact belt to Christian, then the AAA belt leading to Kenny calling him out would be a great way to get the belts off Kenny with heat and get around the fact Page lost the big tag match.

That's absolutely lovely, actually. Kenny has the Elite running inteference and Jurassic Express/Kaz counter that - then he hits Christian with the belt and Hangman takes his head off with a slingshot lariat.

Thing is, they're clearly doing something with the Hangman thing soon. If they weren't, they wouldn't have spent the last month straight building up Hangman, including the recent beat-down. It's one thing to do that with Hangman's story, but it's also been almost entirely what Omega's been doing as well.

Since when was 'paternity leave' a thing in wrestling? Dont get me wrong, I'm not advocating for the 'I missed the birth of my kid because I was wrestling a double shot in Kansas City' days but, seriously, these guys work once a week.

IF the reason they are not doing Page/Omega at All Out is due to 'paternity leave' are you telling me Page couldnt tear himself away from his newborn for a couple of days to wrestle in the biggest match of his career!? 

3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Since when was 'paternity leave' a thing in wrestling? Dont get me wrong, I'm not advocating for the 'I missed the birth of my kid because I was wrestling a double shot in Kansas City' days but, seriously, these guys work once a week.

IF the reason they are not doing Page/Omega at All Out is due to 'paternity leave' are you telling me Page couldnt tear himself away from his newborn for a couple of days to wrestle in the biggest match of his career!? 

Not sure if terrible joke or if you're actually a dick? I'll reserve judgement.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Wonder how Christian would feel jumping ship to AEW and ending up Impact champion. It's 2006 all over again.

Some of the best years of his career? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.

Having read the Impact spoilers for tonight though, let’s just say that it doesn’t entirely rule out the next Impact champ being a babyface….

How Christian, who’s not exactly a spring chicken, would balance out the added workload would be interesting though (if that’s what’s happening, which I remain skeptical tbh).

Edited by garynysmon

I don't think Kenny should be losing under any circumstances until the Page match. That should be his moment to take. 

Another good show. I really like how they're formatting their shows now, with all the inserts ticking things along and promo packages highlighting people not wrestling on the show this week. They're doing a better job of rotating people in and out and I've grown to like the 'ensemble cast' feel to it .

Dante Martin and Daniel Garcia can be added to the promising young talent on the books. It was in an unfortunate spot but I really enjoyed the Darby/Garcia match. Martin is an absolute freak. Incredible stuff. 

The Elite continue to be massively entertaining dickheads every week. They're perfect at making an arse of themselves and getting the babyfaces over.

I still enjoy Orange Cassidy's antics. It's a shame they dropped him from the title picture after he was screwed at the last PPV. Just hope he's not pissing about with the heatless Matt Hardy faction for too long.

Andrade does absolutely nothing for me. It won't happen but I wish Pac would just steamroll though him. His promos are great.

Jericho is awful and dangerously out of shape and can't go without gimmicks anymore. This MJF feud should be his swansong.

27 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If he actually is off for paternity leave, I think that’s brilliant. I’d go a step further and say I think AEW should introduce mandatory time off for every wrestler each year, a month, 6-weeks, whatever. Aside from the benefit for the wrestlers, it would give new faces a chance to shine, and keep the product feeling fresh. 

• Paid Members

What are the rules on bands covering copyrighted music live on TV? With no 'Judas' being allowed for Jericho's entrance next week, it would be cool if Sevendust played his old WWF theme live. They recorded a version of 'Break The Walls Down' for the (grossly titled) 'WWF Forcible Entry' album, the lyrics include "Baby you know you're Judas and I'm your priest" and they start touring in early September. Hell, the lead singer for the original version was the frontman for E-Town Concrete, and I'm sure he'll be up for it too.

Either way, I hope AEW aren't banking on the fans singing 'Judas' themselves all the way to the chorus, as most fans only know the lyrics to the main hook. Should be a laugh whatever happens.

42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

If he actually is off for paternity leave, I think that’s brilliant. I’d go a step further and say I think AEW should introduce mandatory time off for every wrestler each year, a month, 6-weeks, whatever. Aside from the benefit for the wrestlers, it would give new faces a chance to shine, and keep the product feeling fresh. 

And it’s so easy to write it into storylines as well. Brutally attack someone backstage? Take a months suspension!