DavidB6937 Posted August 15, 2021 Posted August 15, 2021 I mean it was obvious they were going that way but talk about running it into the ground..
Paid Members chokeout Posted August 15, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 15, 2021 25 minutes ago, Nick James said: For a company that usual gets the small things right that's a massive swing and a miss. Why didn't they just get Jericho or Schivone to tweet it and retweet it from the corporate account.
Paid Members Nick James Posted August 15, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 15, 2021 It is surprisingly on the nose for AEW, a very WWE move, you could say.
Paid Members FLips Posted August 15, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 15, 2021 Didn’t even need saying. It was naturally going to happen.
Yakashi Posted August 15, 2021 Posted August 15, 2021 Reminds me of when wwe ruined the fandango stuff by putting the “lyrics” on his tron. Ghastly.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 16, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2021 People moan when stuff is subtle and then moan when they make it obvious. I'd ask if fans even know what they want anymore but it's been obvious for years we really don't. It hasn't ruined it. It was going to happen anyway. MJF will have more to complain about. So what? AEW, the company, are the babyfaces. That's an alien concept after decades of WWE heeling themselves and WCW making themselves inconsequential compared to their own invading faction but that's how it should be.
WyattSheepMask Posted August 16, 2021 Posted August 16, 2021 I just can’t get over a grown adult thinking that “I am cold like December snow” doesn’t make them sound like some teenager in a Goth phase
DavidB6937 Posted August 16, 2021 Posted August 16, 2021 10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: People moan when stuff is subtle and then moan when they make it obvious. I'd ask if fans even know what they want anymore but it's been obvious for years we really don't. I don't think liking some parts and not liking others is really down to not knowing what we want. Even AEW get stuff right and stuff wrong. And at least people are invested enough in the product to give a shit, even with the minute details. As long as AEW keeps the scales tipped towards the good side of things then I guess that's all that matters really.
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted August 16, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2021 20 hours ago, Vamp said: "Great finisher, Kenny can't wait to kick out of it." Again, another behind the scenes reference, but fuck off. If you're trying to be halfway serious with rankings and wins and losses matter then you can't also have your top heel wanting to get hit by a finisher. It makes even less sense when Kenny's got the more protected finisher. Absolutely nothing wrong with Callis going 'my guy is so good, he can kick out of your best shot'. Don't think that's a 'behind the scenes reference' in the slightest.
Paid Members Nick James Posted August 16, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2021 28 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: People moan when stuff is subtle and then moan when they make it obvious. I'd ask if fans even know what they want anymore but it's been obvious for years we really don't. It hasn't ruined it. It was going to happen anyway. MJF will have more to complain about. So what? AEW, the company, are the babyfaces. That's an alien concept after decades of WWE heeling themselves and WCW making themselves inconsequential compared to their own invading faction but that's how it should be. The answer is somewhere in the middle. Are things not allowed to be criticised? If this was done by WWE (such as the Fandango thing), it would rightly be slated, just because it is AEW, doesn't give it a pass. AEW have shown they are fantastic at subtleties and since MJF said theme music was banned, everyone has been saying how the crowd will sing it anyway, so why the need to hammer the point home in the tweet?
WyattSheepMask Posted August 16, 2021 Posted August 16, 2021 (edited) I think they’ve foreseen that they want the crowd to singalong, but have realised that they only seem to properly join in once they get to the chorus. Rather than have everyone mumbling the verse, this at least gives them a shot of getting everyone up to speed. It probably would’ve worked better had Jericho tweeted it himself (he may well have done for all I know), but no-ones going to care after Wednesday Edited August 16, 2021 by WyattSheepMask
Paid Members Statto Posted August 16, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2021 (edited) 34 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Absolutely nothing wrong with Callis going 'my guy is so good, he can kick out of your best shot'. Don't think that's a 'behind the scenes reference' in the slightest. I think it insofar as I believe "nice finish, [I] can't wait to kick out of it" is a direct quote of something Hall (or Nash?) allegedly said to someone the first time they met them after (re)joining WCW, and I assume that was being deliberately referenced. Edit: oh yeah, Merzbow's got it. Was Hall talking about 3D when they got back to WWF. Edited August 16, 2021 by Statto #MerzbowWasRight
Merzbow Posted August 16, 2021 Posted August 16, 2021 31 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Absolutely nothing wrong with Callis going 'my guy is so good, he can kick out of your best shot'. Don't think that's a 'behind the scenes reference' in the slightest. It's 100% a behind the scenes reference, he's paraphrasing what Scott Hall allegedly said to one of the Dudley's backstage.
Love-Wilcox Posted August 16, 2021 Posted August 16, 2021 Just now, Merzbow said: It's 100% a behind the scenes reference, he's paraphrasing what Scott Hall allegedly said to one of the Dudley's backstage. I think the point is that it's both a reference and also makes sense in context. Geeks like us will get the reference but everyone else just takes it at face value. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about tbh.
Merzbow Posted August 16, 2021 Posted August 16, 2021 7 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said: I think the point is that it's both a reference and also makes sense in context. Geeks like us will get the reference but everyone else just takes it at face value. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about tbh. I had zero issue with it. It fits with Don's character.
Recommended Posts