The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

A ref or Tony Khan stoppage makes Miro look like a monster and gives Darby something to be pissed off about and an angle for a rematch as he's somebody that never quits. I'd love to see Miro pick him up after the match and fake a show of respect before having him continue to kick the ever living shit out of Darby.

Don't bring Tony into it unless it's serious that Miro will be The Monster, and even then it'd be a risk to pull Miro and Darby into the main event mix that is already a shitfuck involving most of the company's founders.

I mean, I've been against Tony Khan involvement from the start, my mention of him stopping the match was more in response to @RedRooster's suggestion. Neither guy has to go in to the main event scene straight away. Miro could have the best part of 6 months as TNT champion, battering everybody. You've got a Kip feud in there already until the inevitable Darby rematch, after that, move Miro in to the world title picture.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think the TNT Championship is well on it's way to being similar to the ECW Television title in that it feels almost equally as important as the World title.

Especially if Darby Allin can have a good long run with the belt.

14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think the TNT Championship is well on it's way to being similar to the ECW Television title in that it feels almost equally as important as the World title.

The reason the ECW TV title was as big as the World Title was because it was in the hands of its biggest stars. 

The maddest booking decision of all time was RVD not being the guy to beat Tazz for the world title. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, RedRooster said:

It would be almost identical to how Brodie Lee destroyed Cody, which is why I’d be against it. 

I’d favour a one-sided match where Miro carries out sadistic move after sadistic move, getting increasingly violent, with Darby showing crazy resilience and kicking out each time. I’d like to see the referee stop the match, or Tony Khan call it, concerned for Darby’s well-being.

Even after all of this, I’d want a battered and bloodied Darby to walk to the back (barely) anyway, aided by Sting if need be. It would avoid a Cody-like stretcher spot, but also make Darby look unkillable and give Miro a reason to get even more terrifyingly angry than he already is. 

From there you could have Miro plough through his opponents quickly, but emphasise strongly that the one person he couldn’t end was Darby. If handled correctly, you could have both men looking really strong, and really build anticipation for a rematch down the road.

Basically this. Give Darby the Austin at WM 13 treatment - he can get some good points and good showing, but have it be a long, protracted ending after Miro cheats. Have him in the submission hold until he passes out, maybe even flipping the bird to Miro before he does. And hammer home that he never quit. He never gave up. Have Miro go on a fucking rampage, destroying people left, right and centre, making everyone tap out. Hell, have him put Sting in a submission during an attack, and make him tap out in front of Darby. All building up to an I Quit match down the road where Darby regains the title.

As an extra fun addition I'd love Alex Marvez to start doing his thing of haunting Kenny Omega for interviews and do it with Miro and referencing Darby never tapping out. I'd also like Miro to get a win over OC and Trent as he has the gold to get shit in and wins there too. This would be great especially coming after say Darby / Archer which is going to maybe happen at some point to lead to Sting /Archer. 

Unless handsome devil Jungle Boy wins. 

Or they absolute fuck it and drop it on Sky or whoever that Ethan Page is. 

• Paid Members

If they brought Page in with the specific purpose of teaming him with Sky then I don't get it. Sky was already part of a team. They could have kept him and Kazarian going as SCU while Daniels managed them. They seem obsessed with Sky as a big star, or they did at one point when he pinned Jericho and had that mini feud with him. Did he even leave SCU or has he just decided that he's teaming with Ethan Page instead? I'm guessing it leads to Sky & Page Vs Daniels & Kaz at some point and the former ends up beating and retiring the latter. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If they brought Page in with the specific purpose of teaming him with Sky then I don't get it. Sky was already part of a team. They could have kept him and Kazarian going as SCU while Daniels managed them. They seem obsessed with Sky as a big star, or they did at one point when he pinned Jericho and had that mini feud with him. Did he even leave SCU or has he just decided that he's teaming with Ethan Page instead? I'm guessing it leads to Sky & Page Vs Daniels & Kaz at some point and the former ends up beating and retiring the latter. 

I'm a bit like the Dynamite Kid, I just don't get Sky(sorry!). He's ok in the ring, seems to have an ok amount of charisma, but he's nothing special. He's not someone who stands out from the first moment you see them like Jungle Boy, for example. He just comes across as a solid, mid-carder who can act as a jobber to the stars when needed. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah, I'm really confused with their use of Sky. They gave him the big PPV win, had him turn heel on Darby, aired a few (admittedly strong) video promos on Dynamite, before lumping him with another tag partner who is even more bland than the wrestlers he's left behind. It's all very strange. 

Sky & Page vs. Daniels & Kaz makes sense, although the fact the remaining SCU members are yet to acknowledge Sky's departure does not. Given that SCU have promised to split if they lose one more match, I like the idea of pitting them against The Bucks, with Page & Sky interfering to cause the loss, with the heels assuming that Kaz & Daniels won't be able to get revenge, given their promise to split if they lose another match. 

SCU could always say "we didn't say we'd split IMMEDIATELY" before having one final match against Page & Sky, going over and having more of a feelgood farewell as they go their separate ways. 

• Paid Members

The more I see of Ethan Page in AEW the more I don't think he was much of a loss for Impact.

Considering how great he was in the North, at the moment he's definitely reminding me more of early and tubby "why did they sign him for?" TNA Ethan Page.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The more I see of Ethan Page in AEW the more I don't think he was much of a loss for Impact.

Considering how great he was in the North, at the moment he's definitely reminding me more of early and tubby "why did they sign him for?" TNA Ethan Page.

I'm just glad they didn't take Josh Alexander. Maybe JR was in charge of the hiring and got the wrong member by accident.