Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

I do keep forgetting they're taping one episode and that he isn't doing much on Dark or Elevation.

But still two matches like his in the space of 4 hours is still gonna hurt like hell a few days later and start to build up.

I don’t think They do 2 dynamites a night, it’s one Wednesday with fans and the second Thursday without is it not? It’s dark that’s done post show 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ah I stand mistaken then, yeah giving him a 24 hour rest followed by 13 days does sound a lot more managable. Would allow them to assess if he needs to go easier as well. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ogogo should be in the role as a heavy/bodyguard for a sniveling dickhead uppercard heel. Stepping in to drop babyfaces with one punch when required. He shouldn't be pratting about with this pointless QT shite.

  • Paid Members
Posted

If Wardlow wasn't such a boss, i would suggest replacing Spears with Ogogo in The Pinnacle. 

Comoroto has a fantastic look as a wild beast madman, however I can't help thinking i'm looking at one of the mid-card from the WWECW days. He has a look of Sylvester Terkay. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Definitely! The Factory as a whole just don't go together at all. The flash British Olympic boxer who hates America, the wild beast man, the chubby old useless twat and Aaron Solow who is so forgettable I actually just had to Google him. None of this goes together or works at all. With all the underutilised acts on the roster I just cannot fathom why they are wasting TV time on this. I'm guessing it's 100% Cody's pet project.

On a separate note, AEWs womens division has quite quietly gotten pretty good. SHIDA has actually been the perfect person to hold the title while the division has slowly built up. She's not massively exciting but she's solid and dependable. We've now got Serena Deeb, Thunder Rosa, Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Leyla Hirsch, Nyla Rose, Jade Cargill, Red Velvet, Abaddon and Tay Conti filling things out. Most of them need more work and more TV time but this time in six months it should be really great.

Edited by LaGoosh
Posted
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Definitely! The Factory as a whole just don't go together at all. The flash British Olympic boxer who hates America, the wild beast man, the chubby old useless twat and Aaron Solow who is so forgettable I actually just had to Google him. None of this goes together or works at all. With all the underutilised acts on the roster I just cannot fathom why they are wasting TV time on this. I'm guessing it's 100% Cody's pet project.

Who are the other under utilised acts at the moment? That's not a criticism, I'm just racking my head on who isn't really getting used and trying to figure out why.

Nick Comorato is an interesting one. He looks comic book brilliant. Shame he turned up a bit later, because Taz made a daft suggestion when Comorato was doing enhancement matches that he'd look great as Jurassic Express' caveman mate and I can't un-see how much fun I'd have seeing that.

Also Sylvester Terkay bless him, he was done for me and my mates when we decided he was Sly Turkey and he Hyacinth Bucketed his surname.

Posted

Ogogo's gimmick is fucking awful.

Surprised that he isn't saying bollocks every sentence and calling everyone a wanker. 

Also the Inner Circle segments are beyond tiresome. 

Posted
1 minute ago, The King Of Swing said:

U OK HUN? 

TXT ME BABE XOXO

What don't you like about the Ogogo gimmick? I'd rather he had a group around him than potentially falling on his arse. Don't think AEW need him really as someone's bodyguard, AEW don't need anymore heaters either with Hagar, Wardlow and Comorato and 10 filling the roles in their factions.

Posted
1 minute ago, Chili said:

TXT ME BABE XOXO

What don't you like about the Ogogo gimmick? I'd rather he had a group around him than potentially falling on his arse. Don't think AEW need him really as someone's bodyguard, AEW don't need anymore heaters either with Hagar, Wardlow and Comorato and 10 filling the roles in their factions.

Maybe it's because he doesn't really fit with QT's mob imo so sticks out mors, but his "oi yanks" stuff comes across as really cringy to me.

Posted
Just now, The King Of Swing said:

Maybe it's because he doesn't really fit with QT's mob imo so sticks out mors, but his "oi yanks" stuff comes across as really cringy to me.

Aye that's fair enough. I think he fits for me simply because I've seen him loads on Dark talking about being trained by QT so it just fits for me in that way. 

I do like that the angle purely for the splinter group dojo aspect, just something I like. I like the angry bitter, never made it trainer who thought Dustin was the problem and not him, and that Cody was the NAME of the training place but he was doing the graft. The Lee Johnson accidental snub was his Michael Hayes justification for the heel has to think he's right. With AEW being smart enough to emphasise the winners purse in AEW, you'd think people like QT, Solow (in story, similar to Lee Johnson, but Lee is getting the shine so jealously) and Comorato as the beast you can talk into coming to your senses and Ogogo is an ego enough that he already thinks he's the king shit see Cody like US a bit. The 'Triple H' comparison, the big star name, attitude etc. I'm actually not massively arsed if the matches from these are not Young Bucks or Pac and Fenix doing mad shit, or that we haven't got beloved characters in it (bar Dustin), but since they've bothered with this angle, they've hit the mark nearly every time. The heel turn beatdown from a weeks ago was grand.

Anyway fuck this, I'm just waiting for Hangman to start taking off some Bullet Club heads anyway.

Can we get Mox and Eddie go full Tango & Cash guys. Fuck Cody, give these lads a big dog and have all their hype vignettes when they are not there just them driving or being fucking cool as, because they are. Eddie Kingston is one of the few in wrestling who feels like a human being. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Eddie Kingston genuinely seeming surprised that Moxley chucked a bar next to his head and still managing to run with it is why I want these two to have their own TV show. 

Posted
51 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

On a separate note, AEWs womens division has quite quietly gotten pretty good. SHIDA has actually been the perfect person to hold the title while the division has slowly built up. She's not massively exciting but she's solid and dependable. We've now got Serena Deeb, Thunder Rosa, Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Leyla Hirsch, Nyla Rose, Jade Cargill, Red Velvet, Abaddon and Tay Conti filling things out. Most of them need more work and more TV time but this time in six months it should be really great.

I totally agree. You're very unlikely to watch an episode of Raw (I could probably just end the sentence there) without Charlotte or Asuka, or Smackdown without Sasha, Bianca or Bayley and I think they need to start treating their key female wrestlers similarly. Although Britt does feature, it mainly seems to be in short segments, and she deserves more than that. Thunder Rosa, assuming they have unlimited access to her, should appear on each show in some format, same with Shida, Nyla and perhaps Cargill too. They don't have to wrestle...just do something with them to establish that they are just as important as the male main eventers.

48 minutes ago, Chili said:

Who are the other under utilised acts at the moment? That's not a criticism, I'm just racking my head on who isn't really getting used and trying to figure out why.

I think the key phrase you used there is "who isn't really getting used" - it's not about getting used, it's about getting used to your full potential. 

For me, I'd consider, as I said earlier in this post, a lot of the female wrestlers underutilised. AEW made a song and dance when it started up about equality, but male and female wrestlers aren't given the same level of prominence or importance on each show. You wouldn't expect to see a male wrestler at the same level as Nyla Rose fail to feature on Dynamite for as long as she has. 

From a male wrestler perspective, I'd say Pac, Penta, Fenix, The Acclaimed, Ricky Starks, Jungle Boy, Paul Wight, Dustin Rhodes, John Silver and Lance Archer are among those who are underutilised (although Archer currently has a storyline with Sting that shows promise).

It's shameful and to the detriment of the show that these wrestlers are being afforded less prominence than the likes of QT, Matt Hardy and Christian. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...