The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

When Wardlow takes Ogogo's gut punch and is the first NOT to drop, I, a grown 38 year old man, may get pregnant via the TV screen.

No problem with factionising the roster. Everywhere has cliques and groups. It's the sixth form common room vibe. You know in any angle who's got whose back, but you can have them off doing their own things.

I'm imagining Miro obliterating Kip after getting the win, but Best Friends making the save, not to have him join their group of energetic slackers, but just to tie up that feud once and for all so Miro can move on without actually murdering Sabian.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The Factory works for me because, they are all training there. So a faction of people training to be wrestlers, being a faction, makes perfect sense.

Oh the name. Yeah, should have been Marshall Law, but I like kitch names. The Factory is a touch TOO basic. Unless they have word with Tony Khan and start coming out to Joy Division.

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

Oh the name. Yeah, should have been Marshall Law, but I like kitch names. The Factory is a touch TOO basic. Unless they have word with Tony Khan and start coming out to Joy Division.

They Walked In Line while QT starts parting his hair plugs to the side each week and growing a funny 'tache?

• Paid Members

Them selling the Blood and Guts episode of Dynamite as a, “one match show,” fills me with dread. Even if they pad it out with brilliant video packages and promos before kicking off the match itself, that’s overall still two hours of TV time to fill.

They better have something clever or impressive planned. Anyone who follows this business in its current climate should be taking inspiration from that brutal Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly bout and looking for ways to shorten matches, not make them longer.  In the Covid era, you need something fucking spectacular to even consider going anywhere near twenty five minutes, never mind beyond.

I’m still at a complete loss as to why this isn’t on the Pay Per View. What could they have saved that could top this match a few weeks later? Stadium Stampede 2?

Think it's been said before but isn't AEW basically a TV promotion that promotes a few PPV's a year? 

Personally I would prefer B&G on PPV but it's pretty obvious that they value TV ratings over buyrates. 

Saying that though they did have the Omega/Mox death match on PPV but that may have been too much for TNT to allow on TV. 

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Them selling the Blood and Guts episode of Dynamite as a, “one match show,” fills me with dread.

Jesus, did they say that? I completely missed it. 

If they actually do this, bloody hell. In one sense I suppose I have to applaud them for taking what is clearly an enormous risk.

In another, there’s no part of me whatsoever that wants to see any match go on for that long. They’ll have to come up with one hell of an innovative format to make that even slightly tolerable.

Seen Paul wight mentioned twice in the last few pages as under-utilised, they said he was coming in as commentator, and he’s done that and is doing a fine job both in the chair and in backstage interviews on elevation. I’d expect more complaining if he was on dynamite