Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Being The Elite this week answers what happened when Mox and Kingston crashed into The Elite's truck. This should have been on TV, so I hope they reference thes on Dynamite but I assume they won't.

Posted (edited)

Does it? It looked like something recorded after the fact as a joke, mocking people complaining about it.

They definitely could reference them running away tho, just maybe not show that BTE footage.

Edited by Merzbow
  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't show that footage on Dynamite, as hilarious as Brandon Cutler was at the end of it. BTE is generally not broadcast-quality stuff. It would make them look really low-rent.

I've been surprised people have been confused by that last week. They had plenty of time to get out and run away. The only thing that (for me) made me even question it was that they took the time to turn the lights off on their way out.

Posted
4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

They could have also just left the door open as a visual clue.

Regardless though Eddie and Mox more than made up for the rest of the segment. 

I would have had Nakazawa stuck in the window trying to get out. Mox and Kingston could have beaten him up and we see how the rest got out 

Posted
8 hours ago, Chris B said:

I've been surprised people have been confused by that last week. They had plenty of time to get out and run away. The only thing that (for me) made me even question it was that they took the time to turn the lights off on their way out.

I thought the presentation was a little odd, there was no shouting or sounds to indicate that anyone was fleeing the scene. I think it was pretty clear in a storyline sense that they were supposed to have run away, but the way they actually filmed it broke the illusion a little bit by making it obvious that the two scenes were filmed separately. For me there were little touches they could have added to improve the whole thing, it's a little hard to imagine that those loudmouths would have just quietly escaped. 

Posted

Yeah it was just some poor production, one of AEW's biggest faults over the past two years has been production mistakes but it's expected for a new company.

Posted
23 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

AEW should definitely do some big bastard fights. Cage, Miro, Hobbs, Wardlow, Luchasaurus, Butcher, Hager, Archer and even Eddie Kingston. Plenty of big lads who can smash eachother to bits. I'd like to see more of it.

Aye I agree with that, though I think they're trying to protect Wardlow and Hager as much as they can. Wardlow because he has the potential to be one of the men they build their company around in a couple of years and Hager because of his legit MMA pedigree (albeit just 4 official matches). Touching on the wrestling is fake thread, if Hager loses a "fake" wrestling match then bigging up his "real" fighting record holds very little weight. 

But the others could certainly have some belters. Miro & Kip v Cage & Starks could play out into a number of scenarios. 

Posted (edited)

The start of this video should be able to sell ANYONE on The Best Friends gimmick. Pissing natural charisma and their fired up promos where they keep cutting into each others bits and being more ludicrous is brilliant. Just dead, dead likeable. I've only seen Chuck Taylor in AEW and I don't care how not up to standards he is, he's actually properly funny. Orange Cassidy corpsing is most welcomed.

Edited by Chili
Posted

It's a shame that Preston Vance's promo delivery is so weak, as the actual content was quite strong. I've really enjoyed watching him in the ring and his relationship with -1 is nothing less than heart-warming. I'd always wondered why he'd not been given more of a chance, but I guess the answer is in that video. If he works on his promos, I'm convinced he can be a massive asset for AEW. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It's a shame that Preston Vance's promo delivery is so weak, as the actual content was quite strong. I've really enjoyed watching him in the ring and his relationship with -1 is nothing less than heart-warming. I'd always wondered why he'd not been given more of a chance, but I guess the answer is in that video. If he works on his promos, I'm convinced he can be a massive asset for AEW. 

There is something in him eventually unmasking either by his own accord or in some of villain fuckery down the line that I think could be really interesting eventually. Yeah, promo was pretty ropey, he's well scared of speaking. He's been great recently on TV though, and I'm fan of great old moves like the Full Nelson getting a reboot every few years. Big fun holiday camp style moves.

Posted

Could see this being the week he unmasks, Darby giving him props and him taking the confidence from a strong defeat 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...