The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Someone over at the DVDR forum is friends with Kip in real life and texted him after that segment to ask him about and Kip replied "I'm going to be taking a lot of bumps for the next few months". Being mauled by Miro every week won't be fun for him, but it'll definitely be fun for us to watch.

What I'd like to see is Miro starting to put impossible expectations on Kip. Sending him out to win a match, and if he doesn't win, he takes another beating. Until Kip's just an absolute wreck.

AEW Dynamite To Air On A Friday In May Due To NBA Playoffs

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the final episode of AEW Dynamite before the Double or Nothing PPV, originally scheduled for May 26, will be moved due to the NBA Playoffs. The new timeslot will be May 28, a Friday, at 10 PM ET. The plan is to go live from 8 PM to to midnight at Daily’s Place, with two hours of Dark being taped before Dynamite with a live crowd.

Dynamite will also be pre-empted on June 2 and will go live on either June 4 (Friday) or June 5 (Saturday). It will likely be June 4, but it depends on which playoff game TNT gets. This is why Brian Cage and Brian Pillman Jr had to pull out of the Warrior Wrestling event in Chicago on June 5. 

They would be taping on that Saturday if they go live on June 4. That taping would include the June 9 show, as well as Dark on June 14 and Elevation on June 15.

Since the pre-empted material would interfere with their ITV broadcast in the UK (it airs there before Friday at 10 PM ET), they will likely get other programming. The show, in an edited format, would still air on ITV on May 31, but it would be after the PPV has already happened.

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Unfortunate, but it was always going to be a potential drawback to being on a top network. Didn't this always used to happen with WCW too?

Aye, it's why Hogan took so many breaks around that time, canny old racist.

Kazarian looks like a weird miniature old version of 2003 randy orton somehow.

Fuck yeah prooer songs for entrance themes is great. "Where is my mind" is an ATG,i love the pixies. Get someome out to a weezer track next and ill be ecstatic.

Watching dynamite now. Thay inner circle.promo was quality. Jericho would be better off with the seriousness and less of the "jerk off friend" shit

Edited by HeavyT

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, HeavyT said:

Kazarian looks like a weird miniature old version of 2003 randy orton somehow.

Fuck yeah prooer songs for entrance themes is great. "Where is my mind" is an ATG,i love the pixies. Get someome out to a weezer track next and ill be ecstatic.

Watching dynamite now. Thay inner circle.promo was quality. Jericho would be better off with the seriousness and less of the "jerk off friend" shit

Why did I read this like it was being said by someone who's had too many Red Bulls and are talking at 100mph?

Where does Penelope fit into this Miro/Sabian story? Surely she can't be happy seeing her husband take a twatting every week.

Does she end up siding with Miro, try reasoning with him herself and getting a right hander for her trouble or sweet talking someone else into standing up to Miro? 

4 minutes ago, Vamp said:

So, is it gonna be a proper war games match or one of those stupid no roof ones? 

By the looks of the poster it's a HIAC style structure, with room to go outside the ring.

inner-circle-pinnacle-dynamite.jpg

Edited by FailedPromoter

• Awards Moderator
19 hours ago, Cutting Edge of Bluntness said:

Since the pre-empted material would interfere with their ITV broadcast in the UK (it airs there before Friday at 10 PM ET), they will likely get other programming. The show, in an edited format, would still air on ITV on May 31, but it would be after the PPV has already happened.

This is going to be confusing! 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This is going to be confusing! 

I guess it will come down to when it’s filmed. If it was a pre-record they could send the tapes to ITV to play out as per normal. If it’s live, then they will probably just show an episode of Minder.

• Paid Members

AEW reportedly in advanced talks with Tessa Blanchard and Daga, all but a formality according to WhatCulture. Interesting signing if true, I would have thought AEW would have been the last company to sign Tessa, (especially with the Impact links) due to the reports of bullying and racism. 

https://whatculture.com/wwe/tessa-blanchard-and-husband-daga-heading-to-aew