The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Jericho's promo may have been a bit shit but nothing is as bad as the middle finger to the camera at the end. Has anyone ever not looked tragically cringey when flipping off the camera?

As important as Jericho has been in the early days of AEW, there's so much about him that is tragically cringey. His podcast not only exposed him as a conspiratorial nut, but the kind of person who thinks 1999 Tom Green is still the height of edgy comedy. His jokes as a babyface rarely land and end up accidentally making him look like a tool. And it's odd really, as he's often at his best when he purposely makes himself look like a tool. He knows how to make someone laugh at him, but rarely seems capable of making them laugh with him.

Jericho's humour is very much like The Rock in that it's absolutely fucking stupid but as long as the man behind the words has enough charisma to pull it off then it really doesn't matter. A lot of it is about context too though. Like as great as The Rock was, some of his shit when he came back was absolutely cringe. Same with Jericho from time to time. Not everything is a hit but certainly both men have made a lot of things work that probably shouldn't.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Penta did his stupid hand thing four times in his match with Trent. Trent immediately took advantage and hit him with something three out of those four times. Stop doing the stupid hand thing.

Yes. Stop being a marvellous overconfident twat.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Penta did his stupid hand thing four times in his match with Trent. Trent immediately took advantage and hit him with something three out of those four times. Stop doing the stupid hand thing.

Did you say the same thing about Ric Flair every time you saw him climb to the top rope?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I likely would have noticed Penta doing the hand thing more if I wasn’t in absolute delight at his little prick translator mate running around like a nutter. That’s such a brilliant act. I love it. I feel like, “Penta Says!” is going to be huge when fans come back properly.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Another night of entertaining matches. I can't believe our closing image was Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page. Next week looks like it could be interesting. Was this week live or taped last week? I can't see them doing Blood & Guts as a pre-tape, especially if it's a one match show like Schiavone said it was this week. 

Looks like we get Christian Cage Vs Ricky Starks at some point. I wonder whether we'll get Cage Vs Cage in future as well. His match against Hangman could be interesting. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Another night of entertaining matches. I can't believe our closing image was Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page. Next week looks like it could be interesting. Was this week live or taped last week? I can't see them doing Blood & Guts as a pre-tape, especially if it's a one match show like Schiavone said it was this week. 

Looks like we get Christian Cage Vs Ricky Starks at some point. I wonder whether we'll get Cage Vs Cage in future as well. His match against Hangman could be interesting. 

If the show has tickets available it’s live generally which blood and guys does

51 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I likely would have noticed Penta doing the hand thing more if I wasn’t in absolute delight at his little prick translator mate running around like a nutter. That’s such a brilliant act. I love it. I feel like, “Penta Says!” is going to be huge when fans come back properly.

Might just be me but I get Jimmy Hart vides from Alex.

An annoying prick that I can't wait to see get a slap. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Might just be me but I get Jimmy Hart vides from Alex.

An annoying prick that I can't wait to see get a slap. 

The mouth of the South of the Border

here is Alex in his day to day role (6 minutes in)

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Seeing daylight and palm trees in the background made me reminisce about playing a driving game in the arcade that I think was called Outrun. You got to pick your own soundtrack which had titles like “cool thunder”. This made me very happy and brought back thoughts of trying to cadge another quid out of my family so I could go on Operation Wolf.