The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
On 4/29/2021 at 9:20 AM, RedRooster said:

JR really annoyed me on this episode. He totally undercut what was a fantastic angle with Miro. After Miro beat the shit into Sabian, then cradled him almost gangster like and told him he forgave him, JR's response, rather than talking about how disturbing this was, was to jovially say "I don't think Sabian enjoyed that trip to the woodshed!"

I honestly think that was an editing screw-up more than JR. I was noticing the editing much more than usual in this show - the sound mix was all over the place, as they were making the crowd louder at times, but then if it cut to another section, it would just suddenly be different. The hype images were clearly added in later.

This was an issue, for me, twice in particular. One was 'Cody makes his shocking return that nobody was expecting!' followed, seconds later, by a hype image for the match between him and QT, with Tony going 'AND NEXT WEEK...'. It was a jarring, weird edit - the other was straight after the Miro/Kip beating, where, as you say, JR's comment was really weird coming a split-second after the angle itself.

It was obvious these hype packages were recorded later and edited into the show (and since there's no need to record backstage stuff in order, it was possibly even a case of 'Jim, we need you to say a line. Context is that Miro's just given Kip a beating backstage.') So there was no separation between either angle and the hype - JR's comment, even 30 seconds later, might have been fine, with even just a tiny bit of separation. But it ended up sounding like he was saying it live.

I don't dislike JR as much as some others in the role, but I do think he's the weak link. This time around though, I honestly think it was editing and post-production rather than his instincts doing live commentary. 

Great segment though. Miro is terrifying.

Head is a bit mush so I can't really add much other than that Miro segment was genuinely disturbing. I felt fucking terrified for Kip Sabian. The door spot and then cradling him was tremendous. He's going to murk Darby Allin and it's going to be brilliant. 

• Paid Members

With his win over Penta and Page's loss to Cage my guess is that Orange Cassidy is now ranked number 1. With only a month til Double or Nothing it's probably not happening any time soon but I'd enjoy an OC/Kenny Omega mini-programme for the World title.

Most people (myself included) have been predicting the title goes from Omega to Hangman Page and then to MJF but with Miro and Darby Allin's recent performances I think either one of them would be potential options. AEW haven't had a monster heel as their top guy and they are good at making each title run feel different from the one before so itt would be a good way to go.

Turn Miro into their Vader.

37 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Miro is terrifying.

Agreed. Jesus Christ.

Even seeing him just standing there, staring into space, in an empty room when Kip went in was genuinely chilling. Like a cross between Venom and the Blair Witch in Gootchi trainers, like he's just spent weeks and weeks just working out and getting himself more and more angry. Poor Kip. We all knew it was coming, but his insistence that everything was OK between him and Miro was kind of heartbreaking. Some decent camerawork (helped by Miro being a human wall), where I thought he'd genuinely punched Kip's head into the wall.

This surely leads to Miro gaslighting and victimising Kip, until Chuck Taylor, Miro's previous victim, gets him to stand up for himself. Kip gets a feel-good gang-assisted win, the Superbads round off their angle with the Best Friends, and Miro can go into a title feud by just looking at someone.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members

Someone over at the DVDR forum is friends with Kip in real life and texted him after that segment to ask him about and Kip replied "I'm going to be taking a lot of bumps for the next few months". Being mauled by Miro every week won't be fun for him, but it'll definitely be fun for us to watch.

• Paid Members

Just read that while Dynamite wont be a one match show for us watching on TV, it will be a one match show for fans in attendance due to the other matches already been taped. Refunds have been offered for those who have purchased them apparently. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Just read that while Dynamite wont be a one match show for us watching on TV, it will be a one match show for fans in attendance due to the other matches already been taped. Refunds have been offered for those who have purchased them apparently. 

That makes perfect sense as they said it was a 1 match show when selling the tickets. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Yeah, I saw that too - basically, because the Blood and Guts thing is a big thing to set up and take down, they're pretaping the other matches (and showing them 'live' to attendees) and then having the main event.

• Paid Members

You would have thought they would put a few dark matches on for the paying crowd. Even if they are just local indie guys, at least it adds a bit of value to the ticket price...

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Someone over at the DVDR forum is friends with Kip in real life and texted him after that segment to ask him about and Kip replied "I'm going to be taking a lot of bumps for the next few months". Being mauled by Miro every week won't be fun for him, but it'll definitely be fun for us to watch.

He's going to get paid, he might get over after all this and he's married to Penelope Ford. 

He'll be fine