The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Before the event MJF kicks Tully out of the Pinnacle.

Then as the match is about to begin Tony Khan announces a third team of people with history in this sort of match...

"First, the son of the creator, Cody Rhodes...

"Second, the Icon, Sting...

"Thirdly, the man you kicked out of the Pinnacle earlier today, Tully Blanchard...

"Fourth, the Enforcer, Arn Anderson...

"And finally, woooooo, making his All Elite Wrestling debut, the Nature Boy, Ric Flair!!!!"

As much as that won't happen, I can see them playing up Tully's experience in this match as a reason for the Pinnacle's victory.

• Paid Members

Double or Nothing at the end of May confirmed at be at Daily’s Place with a full capacity crowd. Handful of weeks for Tony Khan to get the rights to, “The Final Countdown.” Let’s goooo!

33 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Double or Nothing at the end of May confirmed at be at Daily’s Place with a full capacity crowd. Handful of weeks for Tony Khan to get the rights to, “The Final Countdown.” Let’s goooo!

Full capacity? That’s disappointingly irresponsible from AEW.

Studies are ongoing to establish how safe outdoor events are, so why rush into full capacity? One vaccine resistant mutation is all it would take to bring us back to square one, and, devastatingly, kill many more people.

Around 156,000 people have died from COVID since Biden took office. And yes, the death rate is falling. But it’s amazing how much we’ve adjusted our expectations. That’s still a lot of people, and a lot of grieving families.

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Full capacity? That’s disappointingly irresponsible from AEW.

Studies are ongoing to establish how safe outdoor events are, so why rush into full capacity? One vaccine resistant mutation is all it would take to bring us back to square one, and, devastatingly, kill many more people.

Around 156,000 people have died from COVID since Biden took office. And yes, the death rate is falling. But it’s amazing how much we’ve adjusted our expectations. That’s still a lot of people, and a lot of grieving families.

Florida doesn't really give a shit. They're still at around 3700 cases a day. It'll be interesting to see what the numbers get down to by end of May, but they've had over 2 million cases alone. Disney re-opened last Summer when they were at around 15k cases a day. It's a very very strange place indeed and I'm shocked at how much loss has become acceptable.

• Paid Members

Anyone anticipating a Daniel Bryan surprise appearance, TNT told AEW after the Sting surprise debut that they aren't allowed to do any more surprise debuts and have to announce them ahead of time for a ratings bump. So don't get your hopes up.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Anyone anticipating a Daniel Bryan surprise appearance, TNT told AEW after the Sting surprise debut that they aren't allowed to do any more surprise debuts and have to announce them ahead of time for a ratings bump. So don't get your hopes up.

Tony Khan has said that story wasn't true.

• Paid Members

Blood and Guts was decent but went too long. Concept doesn't work with so many ad breaks because I felt I was going to picture in picture for half the match.

Scrolling through Twitter just now, half of the tweets are along the lines of “Haha that was a soft landing” and the other half are “Would you rather he died?!”

As though somebody being thrown off the cage was the only possible ending, and they had no other options.

• Paid Members

I'm really not getting the hate for the ending, it's a spot as old as time, done nearly every time anyone falls off anything. It's always wooden boards and padding. The only mistake was trying to pass it off as concrete rather than just saying it was the stage. The spot was fine, I thought it looked fine, the announcers fucked up saying it was concrete.

• Paid Members

They said it was concrete, but they didn't say it had set yet.

Good match, I thought. The first half was much better. Bloody love Santana and Ortiz. Sammy falling off the ropes and then corpsing as the lads outside took the piss cracked me up. Went on a bit long in the match beyond. Clip all that stuff pulling the ring apart, etc, and that's a top match.

Only problem I had with the ending was that they didn't sell that MJF pushed him anyway. That's the heat.

Next week Miro's time? God, I hope so.

25 minutes ago, dopper said:

Scrolling through Twitter just now, half of the tweets are along the lines of “Haha that was a soft landing” and the other half are “Would you rather he died?!”

As though somebody being thrown off the cage was the only possible ending, and they had no other options.

Anyone with common sense knows that the landing area would be padded but surely they could have done a better production job and maybe not shown the landing. Still is a big fall and then you see the aftermath