The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I thought they'd taken that back and apologised and worked with him over it? Or did I read a fake update somewhere.

Nope just saw that you're right, for some reason that tweet didn't show up on my timeline, the one about the incidents did.

Which makes me feel much better about the situation. Maffews work has always been great and considering the whole fan on the internet personality Tony had when he wanted to get involved and how much the wrestlers seem to enjoy Botch, it would have been shit for it to get canned by AEW.

Edit: I think my Twitter is bust, the Maffew mentioning AEW taking his videos down tweet is showing as 1 day ago, but going into his page it's clearly 3 and there's a ton of tweets since then. God I hate technology.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

God I hate technology.

Snap. Unlike newspapers, retractions are made using the same media, same font size, same urgency etc. yet are somehow far easier to ignore.

• Paid Members

It has been interesting to read that it's affected a ton of content creators as well as the AEWs own accounts too. Quite a few have had strikes at the same time that could really mess their channel up.

Seems a mess from a creator standpoint when AEW seemed to like the work they did.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if they exist any more, but for a while at least there were companies going round copyirght claiming stuff that wasn't there, then approaching the original owner and saying "Hey, we stopped a bunch of people using your copyright, and you can sign up with us to get the money from it" with them retaining a 'fee' for doing it. It was an absolute menace.

• Paid Members

Some TV networks have bots as well that do these things for them. 

On 5/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, Nick James said:

AEW reportedly in advanced talks with Tessa Blanchard and Daga, all but a formality according to WhatCulture. Interesting signing if true, I would have thought AEW would have been the last company to sign Tessa, (especially with the Impact links) due to the reports of bullying and racism. 

https://whatculture.com/wwe/tessa-blanchard-and-husband-daga-heading-to-aew 

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd hazard a guess and say these rumours have originated from the people who stand to benefit from them most. Exploiting "prior issues" as serious as these to create a redemption arc doesn't sound like AEW at all. Heck, redeeming someone accused of racism, not least one who has faced allegations from your own roster, would be a very odd (and controversial) approach to take. 

• Paid Members

This is excellent pro-wrestling hype. I’m really hoping for stand-out performances from Santana and Ortiz. They look the business strutting around the streets in sunglasses.

I wonder if the pre-recorded matches will still have the double ring set up? Feels like the type of setting someone like Fenix could take advantage of, pulling off some crazy, mind-blowing spots.

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Their algorithm sucks, not long back it was demonitising anything remotely LGBTQ for some reason.

Doesn't the algo basically flag anything considered "controversial" regardless of context or if it is actually controversial or not?

It seems to be a mess and if not for services such as Patreon I'm guessing a lot of small/mid level youtubers would have probably packed it all in. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

This is excellent pro-wrestling hype. I’m really hoping for stand-out performances from Santana and Ortiz. They look the business strutting around the streets in sunglasses.

I wonder if the pre-recorded matches will still have the double ring set up? Feels like the type of setting someone like Fenix could take advantage of, pulling off some crazy, mind-blowing spots.

Upvoted, but you could've warned me about the 4 minutes of QT Marshall's hackting at the end.