The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

The Hikaru Shida / Tay Conti and Darby Allin / Jungle Boy matches were both really good. Just both really fun to watch. All came out feeling like bigger stars than they went in as well. Nice to see a Darby Allin match that wasn't stunt-based. That roll-up pin he uses at times is really good.

Britt Baker coming out to hype up that she's now the #1 competitor was simple and brilliant. 

All of that will make up for Jericho forgetting his words with his shit song. 

Jericho is so much like seeing a comic develop a bit when he's a face. It always starts fucking HORRIBLE because he's just throws shitty nicknames out and he's a bit too 'C'MON EVERYBODYYY'. But after time one of them works and eventually becomes his new pen, or list etc. He's a frustrating sod when he wants to be. 

Santana is fucking killer though. He's had the mic what, half a dozen times in AEW and he always comes across as a proper real violent sod. Got that cracking grin of his as well but when Santana says something he proper sounds like he means it. He looked insane a few weeks ago stabbing Dax with a smashed chair leg, genuinely brilliant presence about him. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Sounds like some sub-NWO B team shit, dreadful. But the voice clips are annoying enough to maybe be good heat..?

The negatives you’ve mentioned there. That’s exactly what it should be!

Jericho forgetting which stable he was meant to be slagging off, coupled with the previous weeks of getting the dig about Wardlow's brain and body the wrong way round doesn't make for good work from one of their most experienced performers.

"I was watching that little Inner Circle sit down with JR...that little Pinnacle sit down with JR"

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Chili said:

LSantana is fucking killer though. He's had the mic what, half a dozen times in AEW and he always comes across as a proper real violent sod. Got that cracking grin of his as well but when Santana says something he proper sounds like he means it. He looked insane a few weeks ago stabbing Dax with a smashed chair leg, genuinely brilliant presence about him. 

I really hope they do more with Proud and Powerful as a tag, they are both brilliant. Ortiz looks like a psycho who's just an absolute nutter and Santana, as you mentioned just looks like a violent sod that doesn't give two shits. Build the division round them once the Inner Circle stuff is done.

9 hours ago, gmoney said:

The BWO theme slaps. 

I find myself singing it all the time and only ever heard it on the first One Night Stand . 

18 hours ago, Chris B said:

Britt Baker coming out to hype up that she's now the #1 competitor was simple and brilliant.

I really like Britt and I’m looking forward to the match with Shida.

But if they are making the effort to do this rankings thing, they have to start explaining it better on TV.

The last time Britt wrestled on TV was five weeks ago and she lost clean.

I’m assuming she has won a few matches since then on the YouTube show(s) but that is only an assumption because they made no effort to explain that other than to show her win/loss grand total on the big screen.

To somebody who watches Dynamite every week, Thunder Rosa should be ahead of Britt based on current form.

30 minutes ago, dopper said:

But if they are making the effort to do this rankings thing, they have to start explaining it better on TV.

I’m assuming she has won a few matches since then on the YouTube show(s) but that is only an assumption because they made no effort to explain that other than to show her win/loss grand total on the big screen.

To somebody who watches Dynamite every week, Thunder Rosa should be ahead of Britt based on current form.

Not sure if she’s been on Dark or Elevation, but in the past Lights Out matches haven’t counted towards a person’s Win-Loss record, so that’s their get out

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, dopper said:

She did a promo on Dynamite a few weeks ago where she complained about the rankings denying her a title shot. She pointed out that Thunder Rosa beat her in an unsanctioned match, so that didn't count. She also made clear she was going to wrestle on every Dark/Elevation to rack up multiple wins each week over jobbers. The other week ago, she updated Tony that she was now at #3 and going to be #2, as Red Velvet lost a match that night and slipped down. 

I haven't been watching Dark or Elevation recently and this has all been really clear from Dynamite.