The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Ivelisse was spouting off on Twitter last night about how shes been released because she raised issues of 'Mistreatment' to management and they let her go. She was also ranting about Thunder Rosa being unprofessional. 

image.png.b3894529c8db95654075d90d594fe546.png

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah they absolutely have to go. They hold no purpose anymore and they're shite.

I know Being the Elite is not everyone's cup of tea, but their presence always ruins it

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Ivelisse confirmed she’s been released from AEW. Leave the memories alone.

EDC5EB01-0834-476C-A311-2E95680724A4.gif.f45e06cab60b89fd934c83f8fd09fe4e.gif

I saw the usual, "backstage issues and not my fault guv" comments on twitter, but it's odd that she's always the common denominator and yet she isn't the problem ever.

Has Gallows ever been entertaining on an actual wrestling TV show? I enjoyed his Sex Ferguson 'shoot' stuff with Domino and Freight Train and his pods about Nigeria with Cabana, but he's been dull as fuck on anything else as far as I can tell. Anderson's always been useless.

Love how they didn't mess about and was straight into it with the new heel Young Bucks. Great way to kick off the show. Finally they're just running with being utter pricks with the fake Dior's, frilly headbands and mid-90s HBK regalia and I love it. Good Brothers really need to go though. I'm actually quite partial to Gallows in-ring but Anderson is shite and their patter is fucking horrendous. "Good promo!" Legit cringeworthy stuff.

She looks TREMENDOUS and could be moulded into something special. Now though? Kris Stantlander looks nowhere near ready to be doing the moves she's doing. I genuinely fear for her opponents when she's wrestling. 

Tazz is a hilarious grumpy bastard and he brought some life out of Christian this week. More promo's with them ripping the shit out of each other please.

I could watch Dax Harwood wrestle all day tbh.

That Pixies theme tune really does bring the Best Friends gimmick together, doesn't it? As soon as it came on and they all came strolling out in jeans and trainers, I was back in a beer garden on a Saturday evening at the Alex 20 years ago. Statlander's new look is great, much better than the dots and stripes rubbish. Bits of Zuko, V, and Species in there, which if that's all deliberate, is pretty inspired. Nice to see a weird gimmick that everyone on screen gets into, unlike WWE where they'd have her booping randoms then having everyone stand staring at her in confusion and disgust as she walks off, because no one in WWE can have friends that aren't after something. Good to see her get a confident squash in, a bit scrappy but nothing that made me wince.

The Bucks spend half an hour doing every heel spot they knew. At least now me hating them is what they're after.

The Good Brothers are obnoxious frat bros. I kinda like them. Gallows needs Anderson around so he doesn't feel so stupid chatting utter bollocks in the background.

As nice as it is admiring the unit that is Miro, I'd like him to keep sporting the Gucci gear in promos to give them a bit more visual colour than "angry man surrounded by pipes." Doing a Kip, ha. I know Miro is trying to be a bad guy, but him murdering Sabian is going to be so fun.

Really good use of Tyson. A couple of nice early spots for him to wake him up, and a wicked forearm to finish. Match was solid and it still stuns me how Jericho Lionsaults in that shape. Do we get one on ones Pinnacle vs Inner Circle leading up to Blood and Guts? I think I'd be up for that. 

Another solid training squash for Jade, who continues to impress. They obviously trust Red Velvet to brush her up, but I wonder what the end to this feud is, as you hope they've got good things planned for Red.

Speaking retro rock pub vibes, Britt Baker in denim, plaid, and glasses. My word.

Tazz and Christian's face off was an unexpected highlight. I'm so used to promo insults trying to be clever, I laughed out loud when Tazz straight called Christian a shit bag. I had my worries, but I like how they've moved Starks and Cage out of the forefront for a little bit so Hook and Hobbs can step up a bit. Hopefully they're pushed as their own little duo, and it'll be interesting down the line if Tazz pairing his boy with a tank has repercussions.

They should prescribe Silver's rehab program on the NHS.

Darby vs Hardy had its moments but all got a bit muddled. Sting coming out felt like it should've cued up the home straight, but instead we got half a dozen angles while the actual combatants disappeared for a bit.

Still, so much better than last week. 

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

F6082C6E-51B3-4BA4-969F-19CB8D55FDFC.thumb.jpeg.d8ae217aa80c3c9d4a436161f7f1f5fb.jpeg

Mask vs. Hair? Is Nick Jackson finally admitting defeat?

It's probably just Fenix working an angle for himself, but if they go with it, not only is Nick losing a hair match long overdue, but it would help the Bucks complete their transformation away from everything people would associate with their babyface act now that they've seemingly cut out the bright colours and the tassles.

Either that or it's just the one guy taking the fall who loses their mask/hair and we see PAC get his head shaved.

A really great show. Too much to think about at the moment but Taz calling Christian Cage a 'SHITBAG' caught me so off guard I burst out laughing. Taz is absolute top level stuff as this grumpy miserable fucker with a hidden warped humour.

Hobbs and Hook as a team wouldn't be too bad, gives his kid something to soft launch himself and Will Hobbs deserves more stuff, the look of him!

Edited by Chili